What is more sick about U.S. society?
1) It's totally 100% acceptable to make cruel stupid jokes about people's appearance.
2) There's an exception. You shouldn't do it if the thing you're making fun of relates to their participation in mass murder.
3) Violation of that exception is such a sin that you must publicly repent and grovel.
4) This is true even if the sin was committed on a steadfastly unfunny and unintelligent television program that nobody watches.
5) The repentance is incomplete without declaring the participant in mass murder to be a "war hero."
6) You also must promote militarism in general and instruct the audience to honor participants in mass murder with meaningless phrases like "never forget."
7) You can claim to find heart-warming unity around mass-murder operations and have not a single campaign launched to remove a single one of your advertisers.
8) Only if the entire charade carefully omits any description of how one gets to be a "war hero" and does forget -- always forgets -- all of the following can it be truly redemptive:
The Afghan government was willing to turn over Bin Laden to trial in a third country.
He was never tried or convicted of anything.
He was later killed elsewhere, but the war didn't pause.
Most people in Afghanistan have never even heard of 9/11.
War is illegal.
Afghanistan is hellishly worse off than ever.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).