Note: Within the next 2 weeks I should have the MERP Video together which explains my model for Re-Legalizing Marijuana. I also found a link where you can watch "Marijuana Inc" online:
I've been involved in Drug Reform for far too long: 20 years and counting. Like you I have come to the conclusion that most of the moneyed drug reform groups are really most interested in having jobs until they retire. And of course Obama won't touch this issue because he is beholden to those that put him in office: attorneys and the larger prison industrial complex.
I was talking with Rich Rawlings the other day about CNBC's "Marijuana Inc." It will be on CNBC on Sunday at 10 PM in case you have not seen it yet. At any rate two things really struck me from watching the show:
(1) As usual there is no clear explanation of WHY Marijuana is such an expensive commodity. Of course it is all about the black market where price is highly affected by the risk the producer takes to bring the good to market. And of course that is the Achilles Heal of this whole thing. If we adopt the MERP Model that $300-$500 ounce of "Northern Lights" from Humboldt County is only going to cost you about $20 dollars to grow yourself. It could actually be free if you grew it in your backyard. And that brings me to the second point.
(2) I was astounded by the effect that Marijuana has had on these California communities and how economically dependent they have become. There was a odd implicit message within this documentary that seemed to be saying. "We can't possibly legalize it because the local economies would go through the floor." This is basically said in so many words about mid-way through the 1 hour documentary. Of course they never explicitly explain this in relation to my first point (above).
The truth of the matter is that the Mainstream Media purposely "cherry picks" the information we are allowed to consider. They do this to support a globalist agenda dictated by the global corporations that fund and control them. So in the case of Marijuana Policy you never get to understand that millions of workers, withing the Prison Industrial Complex, are basically addicted to Marijuana Prohibition. Just think how many attorneys will be without jobs when they can no longer prey on the 840,000 Marijuana users that are getting busted every year in the United States? Then there are the prison guards, the drug testing labs, the Black Op Budgets of the NSA and CIA. Yep, they'd all get a royal screwing should Marijuana become legal under the MERP Model.
But let us keep focused on what would be gained when we force them to go "cold turkey" off of the profits of Marijuana Prohibition:
* Destroy the Drug Gangs and Cartels
* Stop the Criminalization of our American Citizens
* Restore Personal Liberties Lost After 911
* Destroy the Prison Industrial Complex
* Save Taxpayers 20 Billion Each Year
The real truth of the matter is that we are all currently under the control of a Global Economic System that has become toxic to both the planet and the people. It is a system that only exists as long as there is exponential growth and access to cheap labor and resources. And the real problem we are facing is that this Ponzi scam has run its course and the mass deception can no longer be concealed.
So you see people with rising property taxes at a time when there home values are plummeting 20% in the last year. Why? Because the cities have to raise the money for pensions at a time when the stocks, that once funded them, have become worthless. This is also why they prey on young drivers who are more likely to be carrying weed. This is also why they give tickets to drivers who have not really rolled through stop signs etc. These are all desperate attempts to salvage a sinking economic ship.
That is "why" the MERP Model is just one plank of my "New Agenda for America." [Plank #3]
NEW AGENDA FOR AMERICA: Preliminary Planks
(1) Universal Health Care for All American Citizens
(2) A 20-year moratorium on all immigration into the United States
(3) Legal Marijuana for all Adults and Medical Patients
(4) An immediate reversal to the Offshoring and Inshoring of American Jobs
(5) A strict enforcement on issues of Separation of Church and State
(6) An immediate move from so-called Free Trade Agreements to Bilateral Trade agreements
(7) A major R&D project to bring energy independence to the United States and the World through recycling, reuse, ending hyper-consumerism and investing in the development of sustainable energy sources (e.g., solar, photovoltaic, wind, geothermal)
(8) No further ownership of US Assets (businesses, homes, ports, stock exchanges) by foreign governments or individuals!
(9) Replace the Federal Reserve with a People's Reserve which allows public oversight
(10) Absolute support for Net Neutrality
The broader truth of the matter is that we are between two "Ages." If you're into astro-theology I suppose you might say we are migrating from the age of Pisces to the age of Aquarius. If you are a student of history it is pretty clear that we are seeing the self-destruction of the Darwinian Economic Model, because it is an exponential growth model that can no longer grow.
In any case we need a plan to transition from a exponential growth system to a static sustainable system. As I have said many times this transition will be as dramatic as the transition from Hunting and Gathering Societies to Agricultural Societies. Recent historians have actually made a good argument that this may be the historic transitions spoken about in the story of man being cast out of the Garden of Eden. On a positive note I would hope that the coming transformation puts us all back in the Garden, so to speak.
To do this we need a plan. My tentative plan involves giving a $150,000 'stimulus check" to every American (20 years and older) in order to erase all mortgage, student loans and other debt. They can only keep what is left after paying off the debt. Secondly we need to implement the idea of "Social Credit" talked about by former Treasury expert Richard Cook. [I would also recommend the elimination of taxes for those without jobs (e.g., property taxes)]. This “social credit” might pay each adult about $1,000 per month. If these two things are implemented we won't have to worry about foreigners buying us out of our homes, our businesses and our futures. And for those that now think I'm nuts? Well, if we don't do what I'm talking about – or something equally dramatic -- that is exactly what will happen. In fact it is happening right now as 2.6 Million American Workers lost their jobs in 2008 while we allowed 2.5 Million foreigners into the country during the same time period: 2008. How long before some foreigner is going to own your home?
Now the reason I bring up this evolving plan is because of what is happening in the Californian towns that are dependent on Marijuana Prohibition or a Draconian Tax and Regulate Model. Marijuana growers, Police, HMO workers and really just about everyone is going to need some sort of safety net over the next few decades to keep them in their homes with adequate food, clothing and access to various entitlements. Otherwise get ready for the vagaries of the Global Economic Order that is now in the process of playing out the End Game. If we don’t unite the New World Order is going to throw millions of us onto the streets and possibly into mass concentration camps that are already awaiting our arrival.
I have worn a leaf around my neck for the last 20 years because I felt it stood for values that I held sacred. Certainly the right to feed by mind and body are among those. But as the years have worn on – I’m now 54 years of age – I see the leaf as a symbol of the transformation that will be required to move us from an age of war and mass consumption to an age of peace and sustainability.
The MERP Model is part of this transformation. If you agree with the Model please spread the word. I currently have a “Yes We Can – Yes We Will” graphic that you can place on your websites, face book pages etc. You will find it at the homepage of my website:
It is time for the tribes to unite and end Marijuana Prohibition once and for ever.
You can learn more about the MERP Model through the following links:
Marijuana: Past, Present and Future from Bruce Cain on Vimeo.
Why Lou Dobbs Should Support Marijuana Legalization
The MERP Project
The Marijuana Re-Legalization Policy (MRP) Project
Marijuana Re-Legalization Coming in 1st in 2nd Obama Poll(12/31/2008)