Houston Texas CBD.
(Image by (From Wikimedia) Spacecaptain at German Wikipedia, Author: Spacecaptain at German Wikipedia) Details Source DMCA
Bernie Sanders' campaign has announced that the Vermont Senator will travel to Texas on Friday for a campaign rally in Dallas.
The rally, scheduled to kick off at 8pm, will held at the Mesquite Arena. The campaign has not yet announced a speaking lineup.
Prior to the Dallas rally, Sanders will hold two events in North Carolina, another Super-Tuesday state.
Sanders' campaign is building its on-the-ground presence in Texas this week, opening field offices in Austin, Houston, San Antonio and McAllen.
"Bernie's multiracial, multigenerational, people-driven movement is fueling our campaign across the Lone Star State," said Bernie 2020 Texas Field Director Chris Chu de León.
A Morning Consult poll released Tuesday shows Sanders with a seven-point lead in Super- Tuesday states. According to the FiveThirtyEight Democratic primary forecast, Sanders has a 53 percent chance of winning the most votes in the Lone Star State.
What follows is Bernie's analysis:The Texas Republican Party
The ideas that emanate from Texas often become mainstream in the Republican Party a few years later. Let me tell you just some of their plans. The 2012 Texas Republican Party platform says:
- "We support an immediate and orderly transition to a system of private pensions based on the concept of individual retirement accounts, and gradually phasing out the Social Security tax."
- "We support the privatization of veteran's healthcare." In other words, they would abolish the VA healthcare system.
- "We support abolishing all federal agencies whose activities are not specifically enumerated in the Constitution; including the Departments of Education and Energy."
- "We " oppose " mandatory Kindergarten."
- "We believe the Environmental Protection Agency should be abolished."
- "We recommend repeal of the Sixteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, with the goal of abolishing the I.R.S and replacing it with a national sales tax collected by the States."
- "We favor abolishing the capital gains tax [and the estate tax]."
- "We believe the Minimum Wage Law should be repealed."
That's what right-wing extremism is all about.
(Article changed on February 12, 2020 at 21:40)