According to Article 2, Section 4 - The President and Vice President, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. Article 1, Section 2 - The House of Representatives shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.
Oaths of office create the OBLIGATION to impeach when it is necessary to preserve the Constitution, as it now is. No president who inherits Bush's powers is trustworthy and the only way to prevent that inheritance is impeachment.
Specifically, President Bush and Vice President Cheney should be impeached for the following reasons:
1. Violating Amendment Article 1, Section 8, which grants war-making powers, not to the president, but to Congress, for the purposes of repelling foreign invasion. Iraq did not invade the U.S. therefore, launching an illegal "War of Aggression" against Iraq without cause, using fraud to sell the war to Congress and the public, and misusing government funds to begin bombing, and appropriating Iraq's oil fields constitutes, breech of the peace, murder, and grand larceny.
2. Violating Amendment 8 of the Constitution, which prohibits, cruel and unusual punishments by authorizing the torture of thousands of captives, resulting in dozens of deaths.
3. Violating Amendment 4, of the Constitution which prohibits seizure of persons without warrant, due process or access to counsel, by arbitrarily detaining U.S. citizens, legal residents, and non-U.S. citizens.
4. Violating Amendment 8 of the Constitution, which prohibits, cruel and unusual punishments by targeting civilians, journalists, hospitals, and ambulances, and using illegal weapons, including white phosphorus, depleted uranium, and napalm.
5. Violating Amendment 4, of the Constitution, which prohibits seizure of persons without warrant, due process through widespread wiretapping of the phone calls and emails of Americans without a warrant.
6. Violating Article 2 of the Constitution which does not grant the president license to use "signing statements" to defy hundreds of laws passed by Congress.
7. Violating Article 2, Section 1, which requires ballot certificates be physically opened and counted by hand, by obstructing honest elections in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2006 through the use of computer voting protocols.