Let's ask ourselves: How many lives did they save?
10. Yakubu Gowon (1.1 million deaths)
1 million civilians on the wrong side of a blockade caused by a war of secession in Nigeria and 100,000 soldiers who died in that war.
9. Mengistu Haile Mariam (400,000 -- 1.5 million deaths)
As president of Ethiopia and colonel of "the Derg" (communist militia) Mengitsu systematically killed those against him in the "Red Terror" campaign.
8. Kim Il Sung (1.6 million deaths)
Unpopular among his people Kim used the U.S. as a scapegoat and forced the country to believe in his delusion or else.
7. Pol Pot (1.7 million deaths)
Forced city folk to relocate to farms and forced them into hard labor.
6. Ismail Enver Pasha (2.5 million deaths)
1,200,000 Armenians (1915) + 350,000 Greek Pontians and 480,000 Anatolian Greeks (1916-22) + 500,000 Assyrians (1915-20)
5. Hideki Tojo (5 million deaths)
Waged unprovoked wars against China, USA, Netherlands, and France.
4. Leopold II of Belgium (2-15 million deaths)
Created a colony called the "Congo Free State", enslaved its people, and forced them into labor plants.
3. Adolf Hitler (17 million deaths)