1). Forced Republicans to fix $2.7 billion shortfall for vets health care
2). Expanding TRICARE health care to National Guard and Reservists
3). Secured $300 million for National Guard equipment
4). Fighting to end Republican tax on military families and disabled veterans
Bush & his Republican Congress are failing our veterans and retirees:
1). Slashed $6 billion from was needed to meet the 'current' veterans health care needs over five years
2). Prevented 1 million new vets from enrolling in VA medical care
3). Double and thriple health care fees for up to 4 million military retirees under 65 and their families
4) More than 30,000 new veterans waiting for thier first appointment at the VA,double the number from last year.
5) Double co-pays for prescription drugs
6) Opposed ending tax on military families and disabled veterans
7) The theft of personal records of 26.5 million veterans was egregious and wrong
8)Cover-up again: Bush administration did not inform anyone for 19 days.
Democrats Plan:GI Bill of Rights for the 21st Century
1) Provide additional $1.8 billion for veterans' health care funding
2)End Military Families Tax,which hurts more than 60,000 survivors
3) End Disabled Veterans Tax, which hurts 400,000 disabled military retirees
4) Protect income of actvated National Guard and Reservists
5) Stop increases in health care co-pays and fees
Ok now I was a Republican so here will be thier talking points
1)The President has raised the veterans budget by 50%
Wrong the GAO reports show the Presidents budget was based on phony numbers
2)We support the Troops and Veterans
Wrong They are sending troops back to Iraq with mental problems on meds like Prozac.They are not taking care on wounded troops after they are discharged from Military Hospitals. (Waiting list,and denials of benefits.
3)The old line,Clinton cut the veterans Budget
Wrong the Republican Congress cut the budget then.
They attatched it to the Defence Bill while we where at war.Clinton needed that money for our troops in harms way then he could not veto it