The quality of the 'research question' is essential when your goal is to gain insight into a matter that depends on conclusions which are accurate, dependable and truly informative, and thereby help you in your quest for establishing diagnosis, and exploring possible solutions, and other treatments.
The purpose for writing this paper is to both establish an awareness among progressive media readers for the need of the above stated, as well as to help catalyze the process.
Most often, when we attempt to understand the meaning behind, or for someone's actions, we ask the question 'Why'? ( i.e. "Why did the boy bully the other kid"?)
Rudolf Dreikurs (February 8, 1897, Vienna - May 25, 1972, Chicago) was an American psychiatrist and educator who developed psychologist Alfred Adler's system of individual psychology into a pragmatic method for understanding the purposes of reprehensible behavior in children and for stimulating cooperative behavior without punishment or reward.
The progressive media" cover both ongoing, and the most current news events, with a special emphasis placed on discoveries of new evidence documenting the atrocities, crimes, sins, deceptions and lies committed by the Bush administration.
I believe that a major goal is to transmit, and emphasize 'the reality' of this to the greater American public, and who still seem either unaware of 'the truth' and/ or resistant to changing their habitual voting preferences in-spite of this country's ongoing, and clearly worsening, state of affairs.
I have identified some of our own 'blind spots', which I see as interfering with our mission of putting an end to the destructive operations of the 'Bush administration'. We all have 'blind spots', and they are entirely 'normal'. It is important though, that we take great care in pointing out to each other, when we see patterns that interfere with, and/or hurt our common interests, and goals.
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000 :
1. The deriving of sexual gratification or the tendency to derive sexual gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others. 2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty. 3. Extreme cruelty.
I have noticed, that we sometimes present the crimes, atrocities, and lies of the 'Bush administration' in a manner that suggests, that their 'dirty business' is congruent with the above definition of 'sadism'. My impression has been, that we make this assumption by default. Have we asked such 'essential questions' as : "What may be the 'purpose for', and 'meaning behind' the 'Bush administration's' engaging in the use of 'unusual and cruel treatment', and 'torture, and other than for the purpose of installing fear in us?"
"Have we been confusing 'vehicles, or means' with 'goals"? (a carefully planned for, and desired 'end stage', or destination)
What do you see as the ultimate goal of the 'Bush administration'? What is their vision? How does this differ from our own? What purpose does destruction serve other than hatred? Are you aware that 'self harm' often serves the purpose of 'self care'? (Drug abuse would be a classic example)
Do the following possibilities make sense?
1) We have been reacting to the actions and behaviors of 'Bush & Co' with outrage, uproar, outcries and f both fight and flight. Have we skipped asking important questions that should be asked in the beginning, not only as they apply to their possible goals, purpose and process, but also our own?
2) Are we essentially guessing, assuming, and placing subjective meaning and interpretation to our research, and collection of evidence?
3) Are the only possibilities to thinking, motive and goals either the result of 'good intentions', or 'bad intentions'?
4) What is our vision of the future? What are our goals? Do we have a plan?
5) Are 'they' way ahead of us? Are they moving along with action while we are stuck in 'reaction to them'?
6) Is it possible that we are still looking for the answers to our current problems and mess by stubbornly insisting that the solutions can be found in the words, answers and hopes of our Forefathers?
7) Do we place equal value and significance on 'the Constitution', as the 'Fundamentalist Christians' do on 'the Bible'.
8) Is it really possible and realistic, that we can 'take back America'? Can we take back our childhood?
9) Justice, Equality, Peace, the Constitution, Democracy, Freedom, accountability, Freedom of Religion. Love for America, Tolerance, Truth, Equal Rights, Treatment and Law.
Are the following really 'end goals'? Are they 'means to an end?' Are they 'the cure' for fixing a 'broken America', or taking back 'Our America'?
10) How much 'truth' is there in every one of their 'lies'?