Sponsored by Coalition for Peace Action
(Central Bucks, Eastern Montgomery and Lower Bucks Chapters)
For more information call 215.547.2656
BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
2040 Street Rd., just east of Rt. 611, Warrington, PA 18976
In this educational event, we will hear from published authors who are students of U.S. history and the Constitution and deeply concerned citizens with an understanding of:
· What the Constitution says about impeachment?
· When impeachment has been used in U.S. history, and the results?
· Whether actions of President George W. Bush and Vice-President Dick Cheney constitute the "high crimes and misdemeanors" referred to in the Constitution?
· Why the U.S. Congress is not acting on the impeachment resolutions which have been introduced?
· Whether there are reasons why Congress should not consider impeachment
Dave Lindorff, investigative reporter, columnist for CounterPunch and contributor to Businessweek, The Nation, Extra! and Salon.com magazine. He is a 2004 winner of a Project Censored award. Most recent book (with Barbara Olshansky) The Case for Impeachment: The Legal Argument for Removing President George W. Bush from Office.
Rob Kall publisher of the progressive media site, www.opednews.com, president of Futurehealth, Inc., founder of the Storycon summit meeting on the art, science and application of story and a grassroots activist in Bucks County and a CFPA member.
Elizabeth Holtzman (by speaker phone) as congresswoman, served on House Judiciary Committee during hearings on impeachment of Richard Nixon, author (with Cynthia Cooper) of The Impeachment of George W. Bush: A Practical Guide for Concerned Citizens.
The time limit for entering new comments on this article has expired.
This limit can be removed. Our paid membership program is designed to give you many benefits, such as removing this time limit. To learn more, please click here.
To view all comments:
(Or you can set your preferences to show all comments, always)