Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend
119 Shares
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Article Stats
107 comments

Wishing Limbaugh Dead except for the Sarah Factor

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 12   Must Read 8   Supported 5

Headlined to H1 12/31/09

It appears Rush Limbaugh had a cardiac event. I'm a little embarassed to say that when the news alert flashed on my iPhone, I thought how nice it would be if the man (actually, I used an expletive relating to his mother) dropped dead.

Should I be ashamed that I wished such a thing for a human being? To my mind, he is a vile, evil scourge of humanity-- a maggot, a savage virus who has taken our culture down an ugly, hateful path, serving big corporations, hate, intolerance and regressive forces of darkness.

But is it hateful and intolerant for me to want him to die? Maybe it is. So be it.

President Obama sends drones in Pakistan to kill people, usually taliban leaders, who military, CIA and Xe (formerly Blackwater) operatives have summarily judged, convicted and decided deserved execution.

Yet in the minds of tens of millions of Americans, Rush Limbaugh is one of the United's most vile enemies-- enemy of main street, enemy of civil liberties, enemy of civil rights-- a hateful troglodyte who the US would certainly be better without.

flickr image of limbaubh by Infinite Jeff

So, is it wrong to wish that the little, never properly functiong walnut of a cardiological biological aparatus in his chest-- I won't call it a heart, which has positive metaphorical connotations-- just heaves, shrivels up and stops cold...er?

Would it make a difference in the US? Very likely. There are plenty of toxic radio personalities to fill his time slot, but not necessarily any who will hold his audience.

My guess is that no current radio show hosts would get the job. It would go to the other leader of the Republican party, Sarah Palin.

Now, don't expect her to fill his slot while he's convalescing, if he's lucky enough to do so. He's smart enough to know that she could eclipse him as the top talk radio host.

Sure, she's an idiot, with no experience in radio, but she could secure a radio gig in an instant, with big money contracts, producers to keep her from lapsing from reality TOO often, and a teleprompter to help her look smarter than she really is-- not very difficult.

The thing is, my wish is probably moot. Limbaugh surely has great health coverage and will, unlike the tens of millions he'd withold insurance from, get the best health care available.

Rob Kall is editor-in-chief, publisher and site architect of OpEdNews.com, President of Futurehealth, Inc, and an inventor. He hosts the Rob Kall Bottom Up Radio Show, aired in the Metro Philly area on AM 1360, WNJC. Over 200 podcasts are archived for downloading here, or can be accessed from iTunes. Rob is also published regularly on the Huffingtonpost.com

Rob Kall Wikipedia Page

Rob is, with Opednews.com the first media winner of the Pillar Award for supporting Whistleblowers and the first amendment.

See more Rob Kall articles here and, older ones, here. To learn more about Rob and OpEdNews.com, check out A Voice For Truth - ROB KALL | OM Times Magazine and this article. For Rob's work in non-political realms mostly before 2000, see his C.V..  and here's an article on the Storycon Summit Meeting he founded and organized for eight years. Press coverage in the Wall Street Journal: Party's Left Pushes for a Seat at the Table

Here is a one hour radio interview where Rob was a guest- on Envision This, and here is the transcript.

To watch Rob having a lively conversation with John Conyers, then Chair of the House Judiciary committee, click hereWatch Rob speaking on Bottom up economics at the Occupy G8 Economic Summit, here.

Follow Rob on Twitter & Facebook. His quotes are here

My articles express my personal opinion, not the opinion of this website.

Share on Google Plus Submit to Twitter Add this Page to Facebook! Share on LinkedIn Pin It! Submit to Stumble Upon

A Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory

Terrifying Video: "I Don't Need a Warrant, Ma'am, Under Federal Law"

Cindy Sheehan Bugged in Denver

Ray McGovern Discusses Brutal Arrest at Secretary Clinton's Internet Freedom Speech

Libertarian Legacy? Ron Paul's Campaign Manager, 49, Dies Uninsured, Of Pneumonia, Leaving family $400,000 Debt

Interview: McCain Fellow Hanoi Hilton POW & Naval Academy Dorm-mate; Why He Won't Vote For McCain

Comments

When Limbaugh gets called out on statements like t... by Maxwell on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:17:38 AM
I really really hope this is satire...someone expl... by Georgianne Nienaber on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:27:22 AM
I have a list of people, in my head, the world wou... by Rob Kall on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:52:14 AM
I know is that we must BE the change we wish to se... by Georgianne Nienaber on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:58:26 AM
correct, as is Martha Steele below. Dislike the ac... by Daniel Geery on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:18:46 AM
Rob didn't say he wanted to KILL Rush, he said he ... by wagelaborer on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:20:24 PM
Thanks to Dan. I cannot believe the vile expressio... by Georgianne Nienaber on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:52:51 PM
You think that Mr Limbaugh is an "evil" person, an... by Dana Pico on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:59:47 PM
If it is societal breakdown, it is one that Limbau... by mary cale on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:27:59 AM
More like a rabid dog than a humin beaing. For my ... by kanawah on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:29:10 AM
Because then he would sound just like Palin.... by Firebird44 on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:36:40 AM
Rob,It's not Limbaugh but everything he stands for... by Marta Steele on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:42:41 AM
I need to make a plane reservation ... this is one... by LiLSuzQ32 on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:58:44 AM
to jump out from behind doors and give that evil t... by Janiece Senn on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:02:04 AM
Rush is nothing but a canker on our collective but... by Steve Hanken on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:02:22 AM
Maybe there will be a happy ending to the year 200... by maheanuu on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:07:18 AM
I'm sure many of the liberals that decided that Se... by Starbuck on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:10:40 AM
It is not that Limbaugh disagrees with "our" point... by mary cale on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:37:49 AM
Right wingers drool for red meat-- dead Iraqis, Af... by Rob Kall on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:44:57 AM
Limbutt, errr, Limpidiot... Rob, I do believe you'... by Dak on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:12:50 PM
He just advised the Christianist right to petition... by John Sanchez Jr. on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:34:40 AM
Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word... by Matt Stouler on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:11:25 AM
Ghandi is awesome. I wish I could live up to his w... by Rob Kall on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:47:27 AM
Certainly there are many people who, arguably, des... by Ron Morris on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:13:52 AM
Now WHO is being uncivil and intolerant? One shows... by CarolynT on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:21:33 AM
As a close Limbaugh-watcher, I have to say that pu... by Gustav Wynn on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:25:59 AM
Dream on, Rush is not about to have an epiphany of... by mary cale on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:44:18 AM
...we'll see, Mary. Remember how Bill Clinton turn... by Gustav Wynn on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:30:33 AM
Gustav.... you sound like a sweetheart, but... you... by Dak on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:18:54 PM
is to say "Well, I'm a peacnik, so wishing for som... by Richmond Gardner on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:27:12 AM
I thought progressives were supposed to be caring ... by Ken Scott on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:30:46 AM
I care greatly for those who have been trammeled a... by maheanuu on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:10:56 AM
DIE, MUTHAFUCKA, DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... by Tony Wicher on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:32:00 AM
No one is questioning your right to say what you w... by Gustav Wynn on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:02:19 AM
It's the 'Hitler' / Time travel conundrum, RKthe '... by Kenneth Tucker on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:34:11 AM
I agree with the author. I'm not a christian (and ... by Terradea Smith on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:52:15 AM
Because of the China Support Network, I stand in t... by John Kusumi on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:28:04 AM
I agree John. I would like to see some of the fals... by Starla Immak on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 8:18:15 PM
Just because Liberals preach peace doesn't mean th... by martinweiss on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:32:17 AM
Rob, don't lower yourself towards Limpbaugh's gutt... by Guitar Chris on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:34:22 AM
It is never a good reflection on oneself if we wis... by dcase on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:35:42 AM
The person under discussion here is the recently h... by John Sanchez Jr. on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:11:04 PM
Obviously we disagree...First of all 'hate speech'... by dcase on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:35:33 PM
toconceal it is not convincing at all. Sometimes i... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:08:29 AM
'Everyone knows...Socks is the White House cat. Bu... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:08:00 AM
While I understand the frustration and disgust at ... by Reverend Anthony Wade on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:42:35 AM
I wouldn't mind if God made up her mind and finish... by Rob Kall on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:04:01 PM
he probably has a set of clones ready to harvest. ... by Michael Shaw on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:44:39 AM
Rob Kall, As a politically incorrect conservative... by Recce1 on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:55:44 AM
means. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-b7RmmMJeoL... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:32:05 AM
How do you define Marxizm socialism, fascism, nazi... by Recce1 on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 3:04:27 PM
My point is that Rob Kall is a hater, not only of ... by Recce1 on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 3:23:50 PM
tea bags are an effective shield against reason.I ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 6:53:28 PM
The terms you throw around without understanding a... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:53:33 PM
and what is your poit, Recce1?? You sound like Lim... by Dak on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 9:59:15 AM
As soon as I heard the news Limbaugh was in the ho... by Michael Shaw on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:09:30 PM
Damn Straight Michael. The only thing worse than ... by Otay on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:46:14 PM
I, too had a moment of wishing that Limbaugh would... by Ginger Hastings Chapman on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:13:05 PM
Lighten up, folks. Everyone's dead sooner or later... by Jim Arnold on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:22:14 PM
Apparently some people equate thinking with doing.... by wagelaborer on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:35:09 PM
Save your self-righteous platitudes about morality... by C.Bid on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:41:37 PM
when I heard news of Rush's hospitalization. My li... by John Sanchez Jr. on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:53:16 PM
I don't wish Rush Limbaugh harm, I just wish him g... by Disillusionist on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:58:15 PM
Woah... lots of pontificating going on here. Reatl... by Debbie Scally on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:09:11 PM
Hate would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Another l... by mikel paul on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:40:26 PM
that as soon as real desire to make harm to someon... by Mark Sashine on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:50:26 PM
If Limbaugh gives up the ghost - he'll me martyred... by Michael McCoy on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:15:55 PM
I have a bad ticker myself. My health in general w... by Michael Shaw on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:41:11 PM
As for Sarah Palin I hope one day her helicopter c... by Michael Shaw on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:45:26 PM
I very much wish that Barack Obama were not our pr... by Dana Pico on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:49:26 PM
Should we talk about the Republicans who wished an... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:00:24 AM
What the hell has happened to American sense of hu... by sandy valencour on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:05:37 PM
I don't think Rob was trying to be cute. This is h... by Gustav Wynn on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:56:08 PM
my sense of humor is just fine and the fact I stil... by Michael Shaw on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:23:13 PM
if there are not always people ready to fill the s... by mhenriday on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:52:13 PM
When my book was published he talked about it on h... by Abbas Sadeghian, Ph.D. on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:26:40 PM
Personally, I don't ever want that piece of garbag... by Dak on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:46:21 PM
America has two feet, republican & democrat;it... by Markageloo Breza on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:29:47 PM
I was born in the USA, and immigrated to Tahiti ov... by maheanuu on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 6:43:18 PM
[[Rush]]The Stay Rush Marshmellow Man will be back... by Allan Wayne on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 6:39:58 PM
was almost 2010 or so they said according to their... by shadow dancer on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:32:51 PM
You have once again shown that the radical left is... by Scott on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:48:10 PM
"the radical left is full of hate, it sexually wal... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:39:32 AM
those libertarian choices. I'm glad that the rage ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 9:30:47 AM
Scott, if Rob and Mike Malloy, Randi Rhodes and Ms... by Gustav Wynn on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 11:44:25 AM
This is an extremely honest post. But the emphasis... by David Watermeyer on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:08:08 PM
I have never liked Limbaugh, but these lying worth... by N B on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 2:41:11 AM
are talking about. Like most Reich wingers, I am s... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:52:12 AM
Let's face it: If Rush were a liberal, the Right w... by Perry Logan on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 6:02:44 AM
100%... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:49:06 AM
You Bleeding Heart Liberals make me sick!! Rush Li... by Bryan Emmel on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 6:54:59 AM
the irony is how just a few days ago, you had enti... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:47:29 AM
If we could get past the groupthink of left vs, ri... by martinweiss on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 12:24:05 PM
day of living in the Europeans, & now everyone... by shadow dancer on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 4:26:28 PM
Rush didn't have a heart attack, you have to have ... by Robert N Smith on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 5:41:53 PM
How Rush got to be such an icon with his radio sho... by ronheri on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 6:19:31 PM
There is a brief US history of propaganda and radi... by Gustav Wynn on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:47:48 PM
Fox News lost half a billion dollars before earnin... by John Sanchez Jr. on Saturday, Jan 2, 2010 at 7:36:59 AM
From the episode "Four O'Clock":"My dear lady, I d... by Biff Elliott on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 11:29:55 PM
Rush Limbaugh is one of the people I repsect most ... by Dennis Faulkner on Saturday, Jan 2, 2010 at 3:54:19 AM
must be limited, but at the same time government s... by John Sanchez Jr. on Saturday, Jan 2, 2010 at 8:26:53 AM
I've been listening to Rush for over 20 years...yo... by Gustav Wynn on Saturday, Jan 2, 2010 at 10:26:46 PM
I doubt Rush has ever changed anyone's mind except... by sesquiculus on Saturday, Jan 2, 2010 at 9:23:46 AM
Rob, I sympathize with the thoughts that enter you... by Peter Duveen on Saturday, Jan 2, 2010 at 12:15:29 PM
I will celebrate the day he checks out as one on p... by daveys on Saturday, Jan 2, 2010 at 6:20:08 PM
I assume by now Limbaugh or his researchers have s... by Maxwell on Monday, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:04:17 PM
I do admit that a few years ago when I heard the n... by Maxwell on Monday, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:10:18 PM