Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 4 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 12 (16 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Article Stats   47 comments

Will Any Humans Become Post-Carbon?

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 7 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; (more...) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags  (less...) Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 8   Supported 6   Valuable 5

opednews.com Headlined to H2 7/6/14

Forest
(image by Clinton Callahan / self)

Probably nobody will read this because it is far too long, far too full of horrifying details, and far too realistic for most tastes.

I write it anyway, to fulfill a promise I made.

Ocean
(image by Clinton Callahan / self)

Back in 2007 I read the book High Noon by J. F. Rischard (also available in German). Rischard's information shattered my Box's long-standing defenses against the outside world. In a state of shock, two friends and I tracked J. F. Rischard down in Paris and interviewed him for 2 days in 2008. What a kind and intelligent man he is. As a result of Rischard's intense download I began studying-up on several global situations, in particular methane clathrates and depleted uranium.

High Noon Cover
(image by Amazon.com)

The year 2007 is interesting. According to David Spratt's September 2013 report, "Is Climate Already Dangerous?" we crossed the planetary Rubicon in 2007 at about 0.76 degrees centigrade of global warming. Maybe I felt it" Maybe you felt it too? At this point, not only had Arctic sea-ice passed its tipping point, but the Greenland Ice Sheet was not far behind. (Reference: www.scribd.com/doc/168483927/Already-Dangerous-1)

Greenland Collapse
(image by Climate State / Climate State)

Adding to the mounting evidence behind 2007 as the point of no return, Malcolm Light concluded on 22 December 2013, "We have passed the methane hydrate tipping point and are now accelerating into extinction as the methane hydrate 'Clathrate Gun' has begun firing volleys of methane into the Arctic atmosphere." (Reference: https://sites.google.com/site/runawayglobalwarming/the-non-disclosed-extreme-arctic-methane-threat)

Clouds
(image by Clinton Callahan / self)

According to Light's analysis, the temperature of Earth's atmosphere will resemble that of Venus before 2100. Two weeks later, in an essay stressing near-term human extinction, Light concluded: "The Gulf Stream transport rate started the methane hydrate (clathrate) gun firing in the Arctic in 2007 when its energy/year exceeded 10 million times the amount of energy/year necessary to dissociate subsea Arctic methane hydrates."(Reference: Malcolm Light http://arctic-news.blogspot.com/2014/01/global-warming-and-the-gulf-stream.html) (Reference: Malcolm Light http://arctic-news.blogspot.de/p/global-extinction-within-one-human.html)

Greenland Melt
(image by Climate State / Climate State)

The clathrate gun began firing in 2007, the same year the extent of Arctic sea ice reached a tipping point. But who knew it?(Reference: www.the-cryosphere.net/7/275/2013/tc-7-275-2013.html)

Because of my research, my new collaboration partners at www.planetaryculture.com asked me to submit a blog paragraph about what the United Nations needs to know about methane and global warming for a paper they will read at the United Nations' Climate Summit set for 23 September 2014 in New York City. (Reference: www.un.org/climatechange/climate-summit-2014)

Planetary Culture
(image by Planetary Culture / Planetary Culture)

I took Planetary Culture' writing offer seriously. Perhaps I was naïve. My commitment threw me hard down into a rabbit hole in which I have not yet hit bottom. I quickly found intense new information published since my 2008 research spree that pertained to the methane "clathrate gun" (which I would now name the "clathrate cannon").

Maddeningly, every shred of new evidence only reveals that the situation we are in is far more menacing and frightening than anyone anywhere ever suspected, even in their worst nightmares. We are talking here, folks, about near-term human extinction due to global warming, possibly as soon as 2050.

Next Page  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7

Clinton Callahan, originator of Possibility Management and Expand The Box trainings, author of Radiant Joy Brilliant Love and Directing the Power of Conscious Feelings, founder of Next Culture Research & Training Center in Germany, member of the (more...)

Scientists Take Action If They Trust Their Own Evidence

BEWARE THE PSYCHOPATH, MY SON...

Slaying The Jabberwock

Will Any Humans Become Post-Carbon?

Preparing Yourself

Comments

I recommend that you take your time reading this i... by Clinton Callahan on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 9:55:49 AM
Clinton, I read this in a bit of a hurry and will ... by Daniel Geery on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 11:50:25 AM
One of the biggest "deniers," Christopher Booker, ... by Daniel Geery on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 11:57:46 AM
You ask "can we collapse civilization" on purpose?... by Lee Beacham on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 2:49:08 PM
No he is not joking. Try some basic critical think... by John Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:28:01 AM
Clinton, just a few thoughts on your letter to the... by John Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:25:32 AM
The naysayers are now facing some solid documentat... by M.I. Lee on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 11:27:02 AM
For those in a hurry, I post four key paragraphs t... by Daniel Geery on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 1:22:24 PM
If the climate truth were widely known--and if the... by Patrick Walker on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 1:22:40 PM
Do not doubt the info in this article. But even i... by Deena Stryker on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 1:32:36 PM
It's on Facebook. You should be able to find it b... by Gail Zawacki on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:33:57 AM
Now I'm really depressed! ... by Sandra Parson on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 6:49:44 PM
GREAT POST, Yes I read the whole thing. Another gr... by John Dwyer on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 1:43:17 PM
Well, you were right. It was long. But what a read... by Dan Cooper on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 3:14:15 PM
Deniers are of two types.Those tied to corporate a... by Peter Niniart on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 3:26:09 PM
Thank you for doing all of the hard work of drawin... by Leonard Allan on Sunday, Jul 6, 2014 at 9:39:59 PM
ok, I read the whole article ---- skipped some of ... by Shirley Braverman on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:41:07 AM
"You want me to rise up and kill people now for a ... by Wupatki on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:48:04 AM
I've never read a sillier comment than your self-c... by Patrick Walker on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 9:50:39 AM
Sorry, no outrage today. Maybe tomorrow I can pro... by Shirley Braverman on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:21:58 PM
Fine, schedule your outrage but even frivolity ack... by Robert S. Becker on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 1:43:23 PM
Translation of Shirley's last: I've decided to liv... by Patrick Walker on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 8:44:30 AM
No, this scary article doesn't advocate military w... by Robert S. Becker on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:48:49 AM
Don't count the humans out yet. In the Sifi book,... by Shirley Braverman on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:42:01 PM
One may be an optimist, which I am, without misrep... by Robert S. Becker on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 1:37:29 PM
It was a shock to me in 2005 or 2006 when a well p... by Jackie Heinl on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 8:53:56 AM
Nice photos! If Reg Morrison is the same as the a... by Gail Zawacki on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:28:39 AM
I had recognized that the release of methane into ... by Philip Pease on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:10:41 AM
If humanity is not going to ever slow its economi... by Richard Clark on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:35:15 AM
Yes, we now have an increasing "world order" dedic... by Robert S. Becker on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:54:13 AM
Can't anyone here give us some reason to be a bit ... by Richard Clark on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:55:58 PM
Yes, check my answers above -- especially the revi... by Shirley Braverman on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 1:10:16 PM
Richard,The Arctic climate scientists do indeed ha... by Michael Byron on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 6:41:14 PM
Read it. Also all included links. Our situation i... by Michael Byron on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 1:44:03 PM
I'm betting almost 100% of the crowd commenting he... by Lee Beacham on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:00:57 PM
Lee,Did you actually read the article? Given an im... by Michael Byron on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:52:46 PM
There are many equally interesting, fact based sto... by Lee Beacham on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 5:27:07 AM
It's just that none of your "fact-based stories" c... by Patrick Walker on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 8:22:29 AM
At least we have some time left. Enjoy it. Chances... by Lee Beacham on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:02:32 PM
Muslim threat--come on. The Muslim world is pretty... by Patrick Walker on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:44:14 PM
I quote a passage from Jared Diamonds book "Collap... by John Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:16:16 AM
Lee,Our fundamental problem arises because our met... by Michael Byron on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:36:00 AM
We'll, my wife and I have about 25 potentially hea... by Lee Beacham on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:50:39 AM
Eye opening. I think for people who don't convert ... by Sandra Parson on Monday, Jul 7, 2014 at 6:44:41 PM
Anarchy huh? That could work. Those with the most ... by Lee Beacham on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:05:00 PM
You SERIOUSLY thinking you'll have the most ammo? ... by Patrick Walker on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 3:52:40 PM
The Pope just condemned environmental destruction ... by Michael Byron on Tuesday, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:05:19 PM