A poll, run on the OpEdNews.com website, responded to primarily by 300 left leaning respondents (7% radical, 54% progressive, 24% liberal, 12% moderate, 3% conservative) asking if Nancy Pelosi put impeachment back on the table, showed that 23% of respondents would be satisfied with impeachment and give a positive rating for congress. The poll also found that 26% thought the congress is hopeless and the US is toast.
Among this polling group, only one person out of the more than 300 who responded to the poll gave congress a positive approval rating. Keep in mind these are people who are have high levels of political awareness and interest.
This is good and bad news to congress. The good news is that by starting impeachment hearing, ratings would go up dramatically (23% overall, 28% for Democrats). Better news is that people have not given up hope and would be willing, with some more positive actions by congress to give them a positive rating (51% overall, 58% for democrats, . 45% for independents. )
That whopping 51% with hope that congress could do more that would satisfy them raises a big question.
What does congress need to do to get a positive rating?
The nice thing about the net is we can get an answer, right here, in the comments for this article. YOU the reader can complete the article, filling in the things you want congress to do so that you could cast a positive response in a poll regarding congress.
I'd like to see comments discussing specific actions or resolutions congress, particularly the house, since that was what the poll covered, could do that would turn you from dissatisfied to giving a positive rating for congress.
Try to describe things that are actions that can be taken, in addition to resolutions that stop or block things.
The demographics suggest that lower income, less educated respondents are least satisfied with congress. Men and women responded identically, with 23% saying they'd switch to a positive rating if impeachment came back into play, but men were less willing to give positive ratings if other things were changed-- 30% to 21% saying congress is hopeless and US is toast.
If possible, in your comments, talk about how the changes you want congress to make will affect you and the people and communities you care about.
To our knowledge, OpEdNews.com is the only site on the web that provides crosstabbed demographic analysis for user created polls.
Methodology and disclaimers: This is a non-scientific poll. Respondents were self selected and not representative of the general population. Demographic data was not provided by all of the respondents. This is a project of populum.com and is still in the experimental phase. Criticism and suggestions for improvement to the poll process are welcome.- Advertisement -