(image by Israel Hayom) DMCA
1) August 2, 2014, around 9:00pm: The Goldin family in a press conference on Saturday night, where they called upon the Israeli government not to retreat from Gaza, while leaving their son a captive (captured from a Channel2 TV, published by Haaretz).
2) August 3, 2014: The front page of Israel Hayom (Sheldon Adelson's propaganda tool for Prime Minister Netanyahu) on Sunday morning, with headlines: "Goldin is dead", "Retreating from Gaza and redeploying".
OccupyTLV, August 3 - so let's put things in order:
- On Saturday night (August 2), after being briefed by senior government officials regarding Friday's events, the Goldin family called a press conference, 'where they called not to retreat from Gaza, while deserting their son.. the father, Dr Simha Goldin, said: "... I can't imagine IDF deserting a warrior... It just can't be..." ' 
- But after midnight last night, reality took a diametrical transformatin, as "Yisrael Hayom" reported on its front page this morning, Sunday: "Goldin is dead". The explanation - "Minister of Defense Yaalon, Chief of IDF Personnel Barbivai, IDF Chief Rabbi Rafi Peretz arrived last night after midnight to Goldin's home to deliver the difficult message". 
So what happened late last night that the Israeli government decided that Lieutenant Hadar Goldin was no longer a captive, but dead?
The answer to that question can be found on the front page of this morning's Yisrael Hayom as well - "Retreating from Gaza and redeploying". 
Simply put:The opening an closing acts, a few weeks apart, of the current cycle of violence are remarkably similar. The current cycle started with the kidnapping and murder of three Jewish youths in Palestine near Hebron, and it ended with the kidnapping and killing of Lieutenant Hadar Goldin in Palestine, Gaza.
In both cases, the Israeli government tried, and partially succeeded, to perpetrate despicable fraud on the bereaved families of the kidnapped, on the people of the State of Israel, and on the world public at large:
- In the case of the three kindapped and murdered youths in Hebron, the Israeli government initially hid the existence of a phone recording from one of the victims, which would have led any reasonable person to conclude that the youths were most likely dead. Eventually, the existence of the recording was leaked. Then the government claimed that the recording was unintelligble. But eventually, it was distributed on social networks, loud and clear. The fraud was exploited to win time for a false search-and-rescue operation, which in fact was a campaign of collective punishment and terror against the Palestinian population in the Hebron area in general, and against Hamas' legitimate political and welfare infrastructure in particular. (Hamas was declared the perpetrator, although no evidence was ever provided to that effect.) The kidnapping/murder near Hebron and its aftermath were the original cause of the current cycle of violence.
- In the case of the killing of Lieutenant Hadar Goldin in Gaza, there is no doubt that already on Friday, the date of the incident, the Israeli government had all the facts in the matter. And the facts would lead any reasonable person to conclude that he was dead by Friday. Regardless, senior government officers planted false impressions with the Goldin family, that the their son was a captive of Hamas. The motive was again most likely the wish to exploit the situation for a major retalitory campaign. However, once the Israeli government decided on Saturday to unilaterally retreat from Gaza, all of a sudden, the purported captivity of Lieutenant Hadar Goldin became a burden, or even a trap. Then the IDF Chief Rabbi was recruited, and Goldin was declared dead...
One should notice that in this discussion, the issue of how Lieutenant Hadar Goldin was killed, is avoided. That issue requires an entirely separate discussion...
A government that engages in such despicable conduct vis a vis bereaved families of its own people, is a government of crooks!
The current cycle of violence is an unprecedented fraud by the Israeli government on the people of the State of Israel and the world's public at large from any aspect that it is examined.  But no government would engage in such conduct against its own people, unless it believed that it could pull it off...
UPDATES, August 5, 2014
Israeli Intelligence Officers Doubt Hamas Involvement In Incident That Sparked Gaza War
Update: August 8, 2014
The Israeli daily Haaretz today, both English and Hebrew editions, carry reports regarding the events of Friday, August 1, 2014, related to the efforts to thwart the abduction of Lt Goldin. Some of the details, contributed by participants in the events, are dubious, and it now appears that these events would become the center of international probes. However, the reports make it obvious that the fate of Lt Goldin was ascertained by Friday noontime or afternoon at the latest.
2014-08-08 Efforts to thwart Goldin abduction a fey focus of Gaza aftermath
1 | 2