Does Consciousness Prevade the Universe?

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; (more...) ; ; ; , Add Tags  (less...) Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 3   Inspiring 2   Well Said 1

A novel idea has emerged, to which I would like our readers to share their thoughts. Consider the hypothetical idea that the unique positive and negative energy forces of an atom, which can coalesce into inorganic and organic matter, may have an inherent consciousness that tries to reveal itself. Ultimately, we, as thinking human beings, may be the product of that source of consciousness. We are part of the "stuff" that makes up the universe, and we are trying to understand our beginnings that could be due to the inherent forces of the atom that surfaces as consciousness. This hypothetical idea that matter, created by atoms that determine inorganic and organic outcomes, can assume consciousness may have some merit because we are proof as thinking products of our universe.

Another hypothetical idea that has surfaced is that our first awareness (consciousness) starts before conception through a transformation of energy into conscious awareness at birth. However, a question surfaces as to why only at birth of an organic form would consciousness come into play? I believe that the internal forces of the atom with its own negative, positive and neutral properties, creates matter based upon its surrounding environment. Whether or not that matter is inorganic or organic will depend on the surrounding elements of heat, moisture, and an atmosphere conducive to life. Hence, for our earthly life forms (organic matter) to exist, the aggregate mix of atoms preordain with conditions that support life, the formation of different kinds of life forms.

Stated with earthly terms, plant and vegetable organic life begins first based upon inorganic matter (earth and minerals), heat, and moisture and it produces a byproduct (air) that sustains life. Organic forms of life that become mobile, such as the fly, a bird, fish, and animals, are a consequence of the environment and it all began with the mix of atoms that produced inorganic and organic matter. So I hypothesize that the atom has forces that somehow take advantage of its surroundings and gives birth to inorganic and organic matter. To me, it appears that such forces within the atom have an intelligence or a consciousness that tries to express itself in many ways. It is this consciousness that reaches its height in human beings to think and reach out with hypothetical thoughts to try to understand its own existence. And that is why I believe that the transformation of energy is a long, involved process whereby it transforms itself into matter that tries to express its inherent will to exist as consciousness.

Perhaps, that may be why gifted people have developed the idea of a soul because it is an extension on one's being with the hope that its soul will continue to exist even after death. Is this due to the internal energy of the atom that initiates the will for survival? It appears that forces within the atom, from its very beginning, fights to express itself in matter. So I offer you the idea that the energy or forces inherent in the atom has a consciousness that seeks to find expression in the life forms it finally creates. The question becomes what is this force or energy? Where did its positive, negative, and neutral forces come from? What gave this energy the will to exist as conscious entities that are very likely to appear in other parts of our universe? Are all life forms in other parts of the universe made of the same "stuff" that we humans are made of? I tend to believe "yes." The life forms on other planets may assume different shapes, colors, and organic functions that enable it to exist but they are all part of the energy that originated within the atom.

One last matter that needs to be addressed and that is can the internal forces of an atom be attributable to "God." I do not know because I have no valid conception of God. To me, God is mysterious, incomprehensible, and unknowable. However, I use the term God because it introduces a concept of the consciousness that many people feel within themselves, which is the ability to love. The energy or force of the atom has given life forms the will to survive and therefore the desire to love and reproduce itself for that is what the atom has tried to do from its own inception.

So the next question I offer is if you give this unknown force a name, such as God, why not put it to good use? That is, why not sublimate our conception of the unknown force into idealistic forms of moral behavior that allows people from different countries and of different races, to love and accept one another as sisters and brothers? This use of the unknown force is not a bad idea. The alternative is to say we are exceptionally bright and since we understand the unknown force, just except it, and let's live without any need for a moral code of behavior because we can control our lives without anybody telling us what we should or should not do. This attitude I cannot agree with because it negates the wisdom we have gained in the past through experience of what makes a harmonious society. My concept of God does not assume any preexisting definitions of God and therefore does not present any myths or images because as I had stated before, as with the internal forces of the atom, God is mysterious, incomprehensible, and unknowable. The idea of God becomes a sublimation of our finest thoughts as to what mankind can aspire to in terms of integrity and love for one another.

Men have always wondered about how did life begin and if there is a God that created all there is? The Egyptians developed the greatest civilization with a belief in a creator god. After thousands of years, the Priesthood of Amon wrote the first documented scripture (a belief) titled, Amon As the Sole God during the reign of Ramses II. Readers who thirst for knowledge of how the concept of a soul developed, a Hereafter, a Son of God, and the belief in one-universal God was established, they may access the book titled AMEN, The Beginning of the Creation of God.

Do you agree with the hypothetical idea that the atom, after many transformations from inorganic to organic matter, strives to achieve a consciousness to express itself by ultimately producing life forms with the ability to think? Is it possible that this consciousness pervades the universe and somehow embodies the essence of God?

The objectives of my books are to inform and educate people to understand how mankind came to conceive a God that has influenced the development of the Judaic, Christian and Islamic religions. But my thinking ability also ventures into the (more...)

Islam Objective is to Dominate the World

Does Consciousness Prevade the Universe?

The Qur'an is the Source of Discontent in Many Countries

AMEN, The Beginning of the Creation of God

Allah, We, Our and Us Commentary (CW-Part 1)

Qur'an Suras Reveal the Use of "We"

Comments

We all reflect and wonder about the creation of t... by Nicholas Ginex on Thursday, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:14:52 AM
Except for one paragraph, which spoiled it for me,... by E. J. N. on Friday, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:53:15 PM
Revelation 1:4-13 -- "John to the seven churches w... by E. J. N. on Friday, Jun 20, 2014 at 4:06:16 PM
Why is this important and relevant? Because even t... by E. J. N. on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:16:22 AM
Here's the link to "Islam Objective Is To Dominate... by E. J. N. on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:42:39 AM
This reply is in response to the above comments ma... by Nicholas Ginex on Saturday, Jun 21, 2014 at 2:51:23 PM
The issue regarding the book titled AMEN, The Begi... by E. J. N. on Saturday, Jun 21, 2014 at 5:06:52 PM
Hello E.J.N., you are insistent on discrediting m... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 2:08:16 PM
I would not have mentioned Mr. Voyce if you hadn't... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 3:21:55 PM
At another point, after I wrote a specific critiqu... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 3:32:04 PM
Dear E.J.N., sorry to find that you are still ver... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 5:03:31 PM
Too little too late. And to be very frank and blun... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 5:18:54 PM
Furthermore, I am very surprised that Mr. Voyce wo... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 3:46:44 PM
Dear E.J.N., It appears that you have limited your... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 5:38:48 PM
The Clute Institute did not write that. You wrote ... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 6:28:56 PM
Hello E.J.N., sorry I have not responded sooner t... by Nicholas Ginex on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 2:28:42 PM
Did you not read my first two comments in this thr... by E. J. N. on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 9:52:59 PM
Your reading of history is far different from that... by E. J. N. on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:54:05 AM
You may be interested in this interview my wife an... by Burl Hall on Saturday, Jun 21, 2014 at 7:11:45 PM
Thanks, Burl. That reminds me of what Einstein... by E. J. N. on Saturday, Jun 21, 2014 at 7:53:40 PM
E.J.N., you might find "Hitomi and the God Particl... by Jon Fox on Saturday, Jun 21, 2014 at 11:58:46 PM
Hello E.J.N., thank you for an interesting reply, ... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 4:50:27 PM
If you had actually read the article you would see... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 5:22:13 PM
Hello Mr. Hall, it's a pleasure to read your thoug... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 3:03:41 PM
If you really "have respect for all different cu... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 4:16:46 PM
Hello E.J.N., thank you for your advice. Y... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 6:08:04 PM
I am amazed that you would try to fool people with... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 7:02:53 PM
Thank you Nicholas, and if my dementia allows me, ... by Burl Hall on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 9:44:57 PM
Hello Burl, I was impressed and delighted with you... by Nicholas Ginex on Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:13:28 PM
Please refer to my reply further down this thread.... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 5:43:16 PM
As a Deist, this was a fantastic read! Thanks!Now ... by Bill Johnson on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 4:32:51 PM
Hello Bill, it's nice to have you join our discus... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 9:15:22 PM
Great response Bill. As I read I thought about ho... by Burl Hall on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:44:56 AM
And here you are, proving what I said about your b... by J. Edward Tremlett on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 7:13:12 PM
Ed, in my view the problem with Ginex's books is n... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 8:53:05 PM
Hello Edward, it's nice to have you on board. I d... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 9:29:34 PM
You're not going to get away with claiming that yo... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 10:09:46 PM
I don't know but I do know from forty years of per... by Kevin Tully on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 8:43:26 PM
... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 9:52:09 PM
Hello Kevin, you are absolutely correct that plant... by Nicholas Ginex on Sunday, Jun 22, 2014 at 9:55:23 PM
The idea that consciousness pervades the universe ... by E. J. N. on Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:19:19 AM
Of course, today many people speak of God as "Th... by E. J. N. on Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:28:53 AM
Hello E.J.N., you have provided a very interesti... by Nicholas Ginex on Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 6:57:07 PM
Hello E.J.N., thank you for an informative and ... by Nicholas Ginex on Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 5:59:59 PM
You submitted that "nobody knows if there is a God... by E. J. N. on Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:07:09 PM
Hello E.J.N., there you go again trying to disc... by Nicholas Ginex on Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:43:56 PM
At least you admitted that your previous statement... by E. J. N. on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:06:06 PM
However, it seems that each person witnesses God i... by E. J. N. on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:25:05 PM
Hello E.J.N., I am responding to your last comme... by Nicholas Ginex on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 5:28:06 PM
I should correct you about Numbers 23:19, King Jam... by E. J. N. on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 7:35:52 PM
Hello E.J.N, I see you are a child of God who h... by Nicholas Ginex on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 4:01:47 PM
You've tried to pull that trick before and I buste... by E. J. N. on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 6:36:57 PM
E.J.N., you wrote the following to me, "Your ar... by Nicholas Ginex on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 7:29:22 PM
You ignore or deny the truth that I have told you ... by E. J. N. on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:00:21 PM
Now, Sura 7:5-7 and Sura 7:97-100, which you claim... by E. J. N. on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:07:03 PM
Thought and Emotion escaped itself to become More ... by Daniel Penisten on Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:59:45 PM
Hello Daniel, thank you for providing a bit of po... by Nicholas Ginex on Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 7:07:18 PM
"A novel idea has emerged, to which I would like ... by Daniel Penisten on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 9:41:37 AM
Hello Daniel, thank you for your question as it... by Nicholas Ginex on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 6:56:10 PM
Thank you Nicholas, for taking the time and making... by Daniel Penisten on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:44:18 PM
I wonder what was the "role" of the first atom...b... by Daniel Penisten on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:58:23 PM
Hello Daniel, before I begin a response to your v... by Nicholas Ginex on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 2:20:54 PM
In the third sentence of your interesting article,... by Daniel Penisten on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 9:51:03 AM
Hello Daniel, I would say yes. A source co... by Nicholas Ginex on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 7:06:08 PM
Hmmm. Well. I suppose that "the universe" is a sou... by Daniel Penisten on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 4:52:59 PM
Hello Daniel, your belief cannot be disputed or p... by Nicholas Ginex on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 8:02:41 PM
In the fourth sentence of your article, you state:... by Daniel Penisten on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:11:16 AM
Hello Daniel, thank you for some very interesti... by Nicholas Ginex on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 7:41:43 PM
I should also respond to your answers. This seems ... by Daniel Penisten on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 4:38:19 PM
Hello Daniel, jeepers, I meant to write "pervades... by Nicholas Ginex on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:22:14 PM
Good Evening Nicholas. Thank you for continued res... by Daniel Penisten on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:56:50 PM
(4) The Nothingness was a place for Somethingness ... by Daniel Penisten on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:28:45 AM
(10) Joy followed and Thought began to flow. Quest... by Daniel Penisten on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:54:55 AM
As to idea # (14): " Vibrations were further reduc... by Daniel Penisten on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:32:35 PM
Daniel, in reference to step 14, you wrote, "I th... by Nicholas Ginex on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 4:42:45 PM
Yes. I can see your thinking here. I assumed that ... by Daniel Penisten on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:11:53 PM
Note: Pattern for the Finite Universes was in the ... by Daniel Penisten on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:59:28 PM
I will reign in my Magic Horse now. Quietly I will... by Daniel Penisten on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:03:14 PM
Hello Daniel, we need to introduce our readers to... by Nicholas Ginex on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 5:39:02 PM
My reference to the Urantia Book, Narbarism, Havon... by Daniel Penisten on Friday, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:11:08 AM
Hello Daniel, no apology was necessary for expand... by Nicholas Ginex on Friday, Jun 27, 2014 at 2:02:45 PM
Daniel, I am proceeding with your step (4) where ... by Nicholas Ginex on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 4:26:54 PM
Daniel, thank you so much for extending our hypot... by Nicholas Ginex on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 3:04:36 PM
Good Wednesday, Nicholas Ginex. I have a few more ... by Daniel Penisten on Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:59:02 PM
Hello Daniel, you brought up some very worthwhile... by Nicholas Ginex on Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 6:30:41 PM
Why would atoms made up of whirling energy feel th... by David Brittain on Friday, Jun 27, 2014 at 6:48:54 AM
Great question, David. I sometimes wonder if its ... by Burl Hall on Friday, Jun 27, 2014 at 1:38:57 PM
Hello Burl, your reply to David Brittain presente... by Nicholas Ginex on Friday, Jun 27, 2014 at 5:29:24 PM
Hello David, great to have you interject a questi... by Nicholas Ginex on Friday, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:36:59 PM
We all have a choice; to either believe that death... by David Brittain on Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:43:45 AM