Add this Page to Facebook!   Submit to Twitter   Submit to Reddit   Submit to Stumble Upon   Pin It!   Fark It!   Tell A Friend
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite Save As Favorite View Article Stats
31 comments

From Syria: Do we have to hate Americans?

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Headlined to H2 1/5/09

I am a Syrian citizen. I live and work in Syria as a doctor.  My wife of 20 years is Romanian, and we  have four kids. During the Gaza invasion by Israel we have watched on TV the massacre of the Palestinan children, and we all were very sad to see the loss of human lives.  At one point my elder son, who is 13 years old, asked "Why does America not say a word about what is happening in Gaza?"

Exactly at that time the announcer said that the U.S. opposed a UN security council truce resolution, and suddenly my boy shouted "I hate America.  I hate the Americans."

I spent the rest of the night trying to explain to him the difference between America the people and America the government.

arabhonor.blogspot.com

Born live and educated in my home city of Aleppo in the Syrian Arab republic ,studied medicine in Romania and get specialization in Urology from Semmelweis university in Budapest Hungary I saw the changes in eastern Europe in the 90s and the fall (more...)

From Syria: Do we have to hate Americans?

Comments

So, what did you tell him?... by Richard Hirschhorn on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:47:29 PM
We do'nt hateWe are Arabs and we are muslim , ... by Wael Hallaj on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:48:16 PM
Doctor: We are glad there are Arabs like you find ... by Jaff Sassani on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 5:37:49 PM
Sir you are presinting exact extrem ideas and tota... by Wael Hallaj on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:31:44 PM
Your diatribe was repugnant America kill it indign... by Keith Hupp on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:00:03 AM
Barak, Arafat facing peace deal deadline Last Upd... by Jaff Sassani on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:07:48 PM
but if we don't want Americans to continue to ... by Brett Paatsch on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 7:00:31 PM
I talled him that many people in the world th... by Wael Hallaj on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:13:31 PM
I'm not so sure this generation of Americans w... by Brett Paatsch on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:34:06 PM
Deshowitz correctly pointed out that the European ... by Enjoying LifeInUSA on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:01:58 PM
the cause of peace in the world right now than are... by Brett Paatsch on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:50:16 AM
It is relevant because if you ask the Jews to capi... by Enjoying LifeInUSA on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:55:09 PM
the cause of peace in the world right now than are... by Brett Paatsch on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:51:01 AM
sometimes as the connection between me and the ope... by Brett Paatsch on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:02:59 AM
I actually have an answer for you.  Tell your... by Enjoying LifeInUSA on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:07:12 PM
I am one of these lazy students in the  Camin... by Wael Hallaj on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:27:07 PM
I mentioned in my post that I understand exactly w... by Enjoying LifeInUSA on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:57:47 AM
It is a tragedy that one always becomes what they ... by Mr M on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:27:40 PM
I wish you had studied here, in the country with t... by Enjoying LifeInUSA on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:28:41 PM
When you shoot the rocket, it's gone, you got ... by Enjoying LifeInUSA on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:16:58 PM
Thanks for your well written response. One might a... by rini920 on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:33:18 AM
What makes you think they're telling the truth... by Mr M on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:29:55 PM
You don't have to hate Americans but you can c... by Archie on Monday, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:52:44 PM
It is the feeling of hatred that keeps the violenc... by Philip Pease on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:08:12 AM
Just as the author explained to his child, the Ame... by Gustav Wynn on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:04:36 AM
You have great skill at catching the essential and... by Enjoying LifeInUSA on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:43:08 PM
I hate Americans. Who are we but a nation of arrog... by Mr M on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:48:01 AM
I hate Americans. Who are we but a nation of arrog... by Gustav Wynn on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:30:46 PM
In spring of 2002, a friend and I went to visit a ... by Jennifer Hathaway on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:16:27 PM
I doubt if a boy hates anyone, especially people w... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:15:34 PM
Hate,love , like don't like .this was a p... by Wael Hallaj on Wednesday, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:42:47 PM