Add this Page to Facebook!   Submit to Twitter   Submit to Reddit   Submit to Stumble Upon   Pin It!   Fark It!   Tell A Friend
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite Save As Favorite View Article Stats
62 comments

Freedom of Speech vs Article Rejection

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 2 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

The story continues. I just received this reply from the writer:

Sounds right to me, Rob.

Therefore, in the future, I will continue to rely upon your system of publishing rules, judgments, etc.,

It seems to be working just fine.

I submit, then you either accept or reject.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Again, it's a mistake for folks to take this stuff personally - I don't.

Keep up the good work - even though I personally don't approve of your policy, it is after all, your policy, not mine.

A note to the editor who rejected my piece:

I write what I want because it contains the message I want to say. Simple.

If I wanted to write a love note to Hillary, I would have whispered sweet nothings to her. I didn't.

If I wanted to operate within the bounds of what I perceive to be OpedNews' policy - I would have - but I didn't.

I sought to be fairly offensive to the Clinton's and their supporters: Mission accomplished.

Probative value? Of course the article possesses informational value.

That's the beautiful thing about America, I have the right to submit and you have the right to reject.

Lovely.
I copied the editor with the comment, "another reason to like (this writer,) in spite of (this writer's) rough edges."

A nice, satisfying wrap to an email exchange that could have gone in a very different direction.

Next Page  1  |  2

Rob Kall is editor-in-chief, publisher and site architect of OpEdNews.com, President of Futurehealth, Inc, and an inventor. He hosts the Rob Kall Bottom Up Radio Show, aired in the Metro Philly area on AM 1360, WNJC. Over 200 podcasts are archived for downloading here, or can be accessed from iTunes. Rob is also published regularly on the Huffingtonpost.com

Rob Kall Wikipedia Page

Rob is, with Opednews.com the first media winner of the Pillar Award for supporting Whistleblowers and the first amendment.

See more Rob Kall articles here and, older ones, here. To learn more about Rob and OpEdNews.com, check out A Voice For Truth - ROB KALL | OM Times Magazine and this article. For Rob's work in non-political realms mostly before 2000, see his C.V..  and here's an article on the Storycon Summit Meeting he founded and organized for eight years. Press coverage in the Wall Street Journal: Party's Left Pushes for a Seat at the Table

Here is a one hour radio interview where Rob was a guest- on Envision This, and here is the transcript.

To watch Rob having a lively conversation with John Conyers, then Chair of the House Judiciary committee, click hereWatch Rob speaking on Bottom up economics at the Occupy G8 Economic Summit, here.

Follow Rob on Twitter & Facebook. His quotes are here

My articles express my personal opinion, not the opinion of this website.

A Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory

Terrifying Video: "I Don't Need a Warrant, Ma'am, Under Federal Law"

Cindy Sheehan Bugged in Denver

Ray McGovern Discusses Brutal Arrest at Secretary Clinton's Internet Freedom Speech

Libertarian Legacy? Ron Paul's Campaign Manager, 49, Dies Uninsured, Of Pneumonia, Leaving family $400,000 Debt

Interview: McCain Fellow Hanoi Hilton POW & Naval Academy Dorm-mate; Why He Won't Vote For McCain

Comments

I have no rejection issues around here. At the sam... by John Kusumi on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 2:28:27 PM
Oh, by the way -- when I published my article, &qu... by John Kusumi on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 2:34:03 PM
The editorial staff and selection of material seem... by Michael Chavers on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 2:34:42 PM
is all part of being a journalist.  If OpEdNe... by Michael Morris on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 2:40:05 PM
As an election reform activist, I marvel at the qu... by Brent Turner on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 2:48:47 PM
Freedom of speech only applies when the censor is ... by 1dogbarking on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 2:56:34 PM
As another contributor who has had articles either... by Kenneth Barr on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 2:57:44 PM
your comebacker to the rejected writer missed the ... by legalpad on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 3:04:45 PM
no state funds, though, if my legislators wanted t... by Rob Kall on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 3:52:58 PM
Wrong!  That money would HAVE to be rejected,... by Carl Weis on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:32:52 PM
If you are a government funded speech outlet can y... by Gallaher on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 1:07:23 PM
I did not see the rejected article so I can't ... by Richard Wise on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 3:06:22 PM
I remember when Rob was begging for articles, now,... by ardee D. on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 3:19:27 PM
Interesting how these genius editors comment ... by Ron Corvus on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 3:23:27 PM
so much for me respecting your anonymity. It may w... by Rob Kall on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 3:55:54 PM
Don't have any valid opinion one way or the ot... by CHIG on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:21:03 PM
After reading the discussed rejected item at the p... by Kitty Antonik Wakfer on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:50:56 PM
I've tried to make it clear to editors that th... by Rob Kall on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 8:52:36 PM
....and professor of journalism and mass communica... by Professor Fandel on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 3:34:34 PM
we DO have some advertisers, just not many. And ou... by Rob Kall on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 3:57:57 PM
I am neither a writer an editor nor constitutional... by CHIG on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:01:03 PM
Hello folksWhenever I resubmit an article to Opedn... by Kathryn Smith on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:03:33 PM
When I became active in yahoogroups and then blogs... by Margaret Bassett on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:03:50 PM
As a couple of readers have crrectly noted, there ... by Brasch on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:36:18 PM
as one journalist who has vomited a article, based... by Michael Morris on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 7:02:16 AM
To me, Op-Ed News is no different than a magazine ... by William Cormier on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:37:22 PM
Here's the rest of the story:I didn't know... by Ron Corvus on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:40:21 PM
If you knew how to write a decent satire. The thin... by Kevin Gosztola on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:45:35 PM
You mean like this?I'm sorry, I didn'... by Ron Corvus on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 5:52:51 PM
What's your point? I didn't know the progr... by Kevin Gosztola on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 6:30:01 PM
I've been on CNN.........and I used to sing an... by Ron Corvus on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 4:32:40 AM
Grow up Ron. We've all had writing rejected. I... by John R Moffett on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:06:58 AM
People respect Hillary Clinton - I don't. Get ... by Cheryl Biren on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 10:46:08 PM
Cheryl: Yeah, it's true......all so silly........ by Ron Corvus on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 4:24:20 AM
you say: A current Rolling Stone article refe... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 7:54:15 AM
my "exactly" was about my point being ma... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 8:08:50 AM
What's sad is Rob elected to publish as a... by Ron Corvus on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 4:47:01 AM
but I kept you, even your gender, anonymous. Your ... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:35:10 AM
Fery tricky problem well, if time consumingly,&nbs... by John Hill on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 4:54:42 PM
Well written post, Rob. I agree with your right to... by Thaddeus Kaczor Jr on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 5:54:22 PM
  I am very disappointed by your conclus... by Dan'l on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 6:01:25 PM
hey Kord, go "Foul Language - 'f*ck'i... by Ron Corvus on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 6:18:39 PM
Rob - it's YOUR Blog so you can decide to publ... by mrk * on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 7:32:34 PM
I read the original. It's no wonder that the a... by Louise Nelson on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 7:51:37 PM
My experience has been that overt expressions of p... by John Hanks on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 8:11:28 PM
You have repeatedly made antisemitic remarks, hidi... by Rob Kall on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 9:06:00 PM
Without reading the article I can't comment on... by Judith Conoyer on Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 10:19:53 PM
Rob,I have no problem with your editorial policies... by reasonableperson on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:44:08 AM
More anger will not help.  Only when we all, ... by davy on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 4:44:27 AM
is an acknowledged necessity. Lenin said that.&nbs... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 8:54:26 AM
I have been a reader here LONG before I ever began... by Cheri Roberts on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:37:14 AM
Rob, In response to your “Free Speech&rdquo... by Sherwin Steffin on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:14:00 AM
i appreciate your insights on this, but would like... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:20:55 PM
This is the second time I joined OpEd.  I lef... by Jeanette Doney on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:30:47 AM
http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.js... by Jeanette Doney on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:47:03 AM
We want checks and balances otherwise it is just m... by Cheri Roberts on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:56:03 AM
I want to do my own checking and balancing. T... by Jeanette Doney on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:24:59 PM
a HUGE part of the problem in America IMHO is most... by Cheri Roberts on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:33:12 PM
I for one am tired of the creep towards ant-semiti... by Steve Windisch (jibbguy) on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:20:20 PM
Every time I submit something I always wonder if i... by Lance L. Landon on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 3:48:01 PM
I depend upon rigorous editing to separate wheat f... by JonmarkP on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 4:18:11 PM
I like your attitude. :-)I get in wild moods ... by Gallaher on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:22:31 PM