So here we go. Truths, and no these are not things that are "true for you", that are true no matter what one believes.
1. We are all one and the same. It is belief that divides humans. The literal differences in human beings are superfluous. If we are genetically 99.6% the same as a chimp, then Israelis and Palestinians, Lebanese, Americans and Iraqis are at least that close.
2. All humans only have today and NOW in which to live. Those that live in the past usually are busy venting their anger, whinning about how it should be, trying to get even, or depressed in the rage of unexpressed anger, because someone might make your life difficult if you do. If humans could let the baggage of their past go, including what the Jews did to Jesus (it was the ROMANS), the Christians did to the Muslims or the Muslims did to the Jews, we might make some progress. There will never be any progress if we don't drop the past. We know everyone in the Middle East has lost someone in some war fighting someone else at sometime. NOW is still all we have in which to live our short lives.
3. Everyone needs a place to live, food to eat and a way to earn a living honorably without being used, abused, taken advantage of, driven out, marginalized or demonized.
4. It's not right to kill grandmas, grandpas, parents, all their relatives and siblings, much less their children. Got that! It's not right to kill people and take their lives from them. We all only get one like this one NOW.
5. There are no chosen people. There are just people.
6. No one has a corner on knowing the nature, mind, plan, purpose or desires of the Deity. We can seek it, but NO ONE knows. NO ONE KNOWS. It's all human reasoning as that's the only kind we have to work with.
7. War is what the unenlightened wage when they completely run out of ideas or lack the abillity to see the world through the eyes of anyone but themselves. Most governments are run by the least enlightened of our species. Most Fundamentalists Religions are run by our most insecure and least spiritually minded. Don't confuse religious for spriritual.
Monotheism is divisive by nature. That we can see by just reading the news. Will we ever get past "My God can beat up your God?" We'd better...
1 | 2