you have read any of my articles at OpEdNews over the past two years,
or any by the many physicians who have also written articles and
letters to the FDA commissioner, you will recognize what a bunch of
stupid gobbledegook appears below. These critics of aspartame include
Neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, Internist H.J. Roberts, Psychiatrist
Ralph Walton, and Pediatrician Kenneth Stoller, all medical doctors.
This new press release is one of the dumbest things I have ever read, but no surprise: aspartame is at the heart of the many reasons that Americans have gotten dumber, after decades of the "dumbing down" processes....
"Leading aspartame producer Ajinomoto is launching a new initiative that will brand the sweetener AminoSweet.
It's now more than 25 years since products sweetened with aspartame were first launched in Europe. In this time, the sweetener has transformed the market for low-calorie and sugar-free foods and drinks and has become the first choice for many leading brands.
Like other low-calorie sweeteners, aspartame delivers sweetness without calories, but it's unique in two ways:
Aspartame tastes like sugar
Aspartame is made from two amino acids.
In recent years, there has been more and more focus on the development of low-calorie foods and drinks that help consumers maintain a healthy weight and avoid obesity. At the same time, food and drink manufacturers have become more interested in what their ingredients are made of and where they come from.
Ajinomoto believes that the time is right to remind the industry that
aspartame tastes just like sugar, and that it's made from amino acids --
the building blocks of protein that are abundant in our diet.
The name AminoSweet is appealing and memorable. It reflects that
AminoSweet comes from the same amino acids that are abundant in the food we eat every day."-- Shaun Weston, (Contact for the above Press Release)- Advertisement -
AND WHO, PRAY TELL, IS SHAUN WESTON? Kind of a contract PR guy for
Food and Poisonous Additive Manufacturers? Here is his own description:
* Mr. Weston has 14 years of foodservice brand development experience.
* He is the President and CEO of Modular Brand Group, LLC a design,
development, & implementation firm.- Currently MBG performs full service brand development.
* Prior to founding MBG in October of 2000, he provided similar services as an AE for TMC from 1995 to 2000 managing the account teams serving:
Aramark, Arby's, Au Bon Pain, Colombo, Compass Group, Einstein Bros.
Bagels, Harvard Univ., Host Marriott, Java City, Kraft Foods, Marriott
International, McDonalds, Notre Dame, Sodexho, Starbucks, Stonyfield Farm, U Conn., Uncle Bens, UNH and numerous site specific projects.
* From 1990 to 1995 he was the GM at New England Store Fixtures Inc. where he lead the equipment design, sales, and operations for $6M in annual sales to traditional restaurants, hotels, supermarkets, and convenience stores.- Advertisement -
* Mr. Weston is also director & COO of Rounders International, LLC a new concept incubator.
* Mr. Weston studied Architecture with Wentworth Institute and Arizona State University.
* Interests: Husband & proud father of two boys, Serial Entrepreneur,
motorcycle, skiing & golfing poorly."