Over the span of 30+ years the United States has been battling wars from across the globe, according to Wikipedia there are 96 identified as "war" since 1980. Naturally, some were more devastating as the majority, but America has been at war for more than 30 decades against an enemy that is readily known.
In framing these as "war" the Wikipedia defines war as "an organized and often prolonged conflict that is carried out by states or non-state actors. It is generally characterized by extreme violence, social disruption and economic destruction. War should be understood as an actual, intentional and widespread armed conflict between political communities, and therefore is defined as a form of (collective) political violence or intervention. The set of techniques used by a group to carry out war is known as warfare."
They go on to define types of warfare, such as, Asymmetric, Chemical, Civil, Conventional, Nuclear, and unconventional.
In reality America has been at war over the course of that time against a silent enemy, one that has done far more damage to the essence of American life than all of the other 96 combined, yet it continues to go on in stealth due to NotSee Americans who fail to see it and the Corporate Media Propagandists who either are NotSees themselves, are accomplices, or fearful to report its existence.
The war being fought against our nation has gone unnoticed primarily because it is not a conventional one in which military weapons have been used to gain control and/or dominance over the opponent, but rather has been an unconventional war which the goal has been to gain victory through acquiescence, capitulation, or clandestine support for their side that has been vying for control of or independence of our form of governance.
This war has been well planned, by the adversaries of Democracy and used the existing laws of our nation plus the weapon of money it takes to go into war and fight until victory has been had.
More than 40 years ago, September, 1973 to be precise, state legislators, including then Illinois State Rep. Henry Hyde, Paul Weyrich, and Lou Barnett, a veteran of then Gov. Ronald Reagan's 1968 presidential campaign, together with a handful of others, launched the American Legislative Exchange Council. Among those who were involved with ALEC in its formative years were: Robert Kasten and Tommy Thompson of Wisconsin; John Engler of Michigan; Terry Branstad of Iowa, and John Kasich of Ohio, all of whom moved on to become governors or Members of Congress. Congressional members who were active during this same period included Senators John Buckley of New York and Jesse Helms of North Carolina, and Congressmen Phil Crane of Illinois and Jack Kemp of New York.
It was determined that in order to be most effective, attacking individual states would be more advantageous than going up against the federal government primarily because a defeat at the federal level would be a major setback as opposed to attacking the individual states where a setback in one, or two, would still allow for 'victories' in others.
In the 1980 presidential campaign David Koch announced his candidacy as the Vice President on the Libertarian ticket. It was during this campaign he announced the agenda of the Libertarians:
- "We urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws, and the immediate abolition of the despotic Federal Election Commission." Result: Citizens' United
- "We favor the abolition of Medicare and Medicaid programs." Result: Paul Ryan is working on it
- "We oppose any compulsory insurance or tax-supported plan to provide health services, including those which finance abortion services."
- "We also favor the deregulation of the medical insurance industry."
- "We favor the repeal of the fraudulent, virtually bankrupt, and increasingly oppressive Social Security system. Pending that repeal, participation in Social Security should be made voluntary." Result: Simpson-Bowles worked on it. Paul Ryan is attempting to finalize it.
- "We propose the abolition of the governmental Postal Service. The present system, in addition to being inefficient, encourages governmental surveillance of private correspondence. Pending abolition, we call for an end to the monopoly system and for allowing free competition in all aspects of postal service." Result: Congress forced them into debt by mandating they pay into their pension plan 75 years ahead - $5.5 Billion annually.
- "We oppose all personal and corporate income taxation, including capital gains taxes." Result: Many multi-national corporations pay ZERO taxes, plus get $Millions in subsidies.
- "We support the eventual repeal of all taxation." Result: Working on it for the upper 1% wealthy.
- "As an interim measure, all criminal and civil sanctions against tax evasion should be terminated immediately." Result: No judicial action has been taken against corporations while average citizens continue to get penalties.
- "We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws." Result: Minimum wages remain well under poverty level.
- "We advocate the complete separation of education and State. Government schools lead to the indoctrination of children and interfere with the free choice of individuals. Government ownership, operation, regulation, and subsidy of schools and colleges should be ended." Result: Privatized for-profit schools continue to grow, without any accountability measures. The dumbing down of our youth is on the rise in the mulit-billion dollar bonanza.
- "We condemn compulsory education laws " and we call for the immediate repeal of such laws." Result: Privatization of schools and other "education" outlets that have usurped the curriculums of youth as they profit.
- "We support the repeal of all taxes on the income or property of private schools, whether profit or non-profit."
- "We support the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency." Result: the Agency has been reduced to a shell through lack of funding.
- "We support abolition of the Department of Energy." Result: See EPA above.
- "We call for the dissolution of all government agencies concerned with transportation, including the Department of Transportation."
- "We demand the return of America's railroad system to private ownership. We call for the privatization of the public roads and national highway system." Result: More and more highways are being sold/leased to private corporations and turned into Toll Roads. Tax dollars once paid for them and now continue to maintain them while having to pay to use them.
- "We specifically oppose laws requiring an individual to buy or use so-called "self-protection" equipment such as safety belts, air bags, or crash helmets."
- "We advocate the abolition of the Federal Aviation Administration."
- "We advocate the abolition of the Food and Drug Administration." Result: Same as EPA
- "We support an end to all subsidies for child-bearing built into our present laws, including all welfare plans and the provision of tax-supported services for children."
- "We oppose all government welfare, relief projects, and 'aid to the poor' programs. All these government programs are privacy-invading, paternalistic, demeaning, and inefficient. The proper source of help for such persons is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals."
- "We call for the privatization of the inland waterways, and of the distribution system that brings water to industry, agriculture and households."
- "We call for the repeal of the Occupational Safety and Health Act." Result: OSHA is a shell as industrial deaths rise and toxins pour into our environment hourly.
- "We call for the abolition of the Consumer Product Safety Commission."
- "We support the repeal of all state usury laws."
With the announcement of that platform the war was waged. With the American Legislative Exchange Council (aka, ALEC) being the primary force for implementing David Koch's platform on the American people.
ALEC, with the Koch brothers being a major financial contributor, gained a major foothold into the political arena during the early years of the Reagan Administration, through being named on various Task Forces that were the onset of gaining clout. Donald Rumsfeld was named chairman of the task force on business.
ALEC, through their task forces, have recruited and subsidized (bribed?) state legislators, their foot soldiers, to promote the agenda of corporations through presenting bills, written by the corporations, to be passed into law within their respective state. These bills all promote one of the above stated agenda platform presented by David Koch. Those legislators who have gone to battle for the Kochs have received financial backing during election time. Currently there are over 2000 state legislators in the ALEC "army".
In 1993 yet another attack mechanism was implemented. This is the State Policy Network (aka, SPN). The SPN like most other organizations designed to strip the Constitution does not make its financial backers known, however it is known among the main contributors are global corporations such as Reynolds American, Altria, Microsoft, Comcast, Time Warner, Kraft Foods, GlaxoSmithKline, and the Koch and Tea Party backed DCI Group are active in SPN activities.
Through the heavy funding by the Koch brothers, the Bradley Foundation, and other anonymous donors the SPN has grown to having over 64 "think tanks' in the individual states. It might be noted the Bradley Foundation's Harry Bradley was a co-founder of the John Birch Society with Fred Koch, the father of Charles and David.
Together, the SPN and ALEC have been stealing Democracy one bill at a time for over three decades and their War on Democracy continues as they continue to gain control all facets of the American way of life.