Twenty-Five (25) Rules of CREDIT CRUNCH Disinformation
- Undermine perception of reality (i.e. "deny, deny, deny . . .").
- Incredulous indignation (a.k.a. "How dare you suggest the US is bankrupt!").
- Create rumors to discredit truth as lies (i.e. capital markets manipulation is "ridiculous" speculation).
- Use a straw man; attack weakest link; appear to debunk (i.e. "Listen to Warren Buffet.")
- Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule ("conspiracy theorists are tinfoil moonbats")
- Hit and Run accusations; multiple identities; never respond (i.e. internet blogs and forums).
- Doubt motives; distort facts; disguise & deplore 'hidden' agendas (i.e. hire Wall Street to clean up Wall Street).
- Invoke authority; arbitrarily dismiss evidence; encourage and deny dissent/doubt (i.e. "deficits don't matter").
- Play Dumb; use any evidence, logic, argument to discredit, disregard, dismiss (i.e. Paulson & Bernanke "Trust Me!")
- Associate opponent charges with outrageous speculation ("They believe in aliens, too.")
- Create or react to sudden, surprise developments to lead misdirected popular opinion (i.e. Warren Buffet invests in Goldman Sachs)
- Present opinion as evidence (i.e. editorial content as news on CNBC/FOX/CNN)
- Alice in Wonderland Logic; implicate by self-circular reasoning (i.e. spend $700 Billion on bailout or face "dire consequences.")
- Demand complete explanations for contradictory alternatives (i.e. "it's not a lie if you believe it's true.").
- Find facts to fit plausible deniability (i.e. blame 'bad' loans on regulations)
- Damage witness/evidence credibility (i.e. Chuck Schumer & Barney Frank).
- Change the subject; polarize the issue; abrasive comments sidetrack discussion (i.e. presidential campaign rhetoric).
- Antagonize and provoke opponents with bogus facts and personal attacks (i.e. Rush Limbaugh & Sean Hannity).
- Ignore evidence presented (i.e. Derivatives - Credit Default Swap - what's that?).
- Introduce irrelevant facts as false evidence (i.e. Asian markets rise on bailout hopes).
- Call a grand jury, special prosecutor, or other investigative body (i.e. FBI preliminary investigation of Fannie/Freddie, Lehman, AIG)
- Manufacture new truths (i.e. "It's not a blank check. The government will MAKE money!").
- Create bigger distractions (i.e. fax/phone/email Senators & Representatives).
- Mute critics (i.e. avoid Ron Paul interviews).
- Vanish (i.e. next crisis stage left).
Destroy integrity by manufacturing faith in false truths and honest lies.
Power to control is deliberate destruction of intellect and emotion in society.
They call it a "Confidence Game" because that is exactly what we play:
- The value of commerce is the illusion of value.
- The illusion of value is the value of control.
- The value of control is the confidence of currency.
- The illusion of confidence in the value of currency is the opiate of commerce in the religion of capitalism.
A game of confidence in whose god we trust nothing but credit acceptance of the Greater Fool will always buy on a deliberate Random Walk down a theoretical Street of Efficient Markets hypothetically paved with equal opportunity, cloaked in metaphorical transparency, clouded by No Free Lunch ideology, and mocked by debt induced reckless spending psychology.
"Senator, I can tell you what you can believe. You can believe I believe everything I say."
~ H. Paulson, Senate Testimony, July 15, 2008
The U.S. Treasury has in the past week spent $1+ TRILLION DOLLARS on PRIVATE ENTERPRISE.
And now they want you, the TAXPAYER, to PAY THEM TO CLEAN UP THEIR MESS - WITH YOUR MONEY?
It only starts to make sense when you think about it in these terms: STOP MAKING SENSE.
It doesn't make sense.
It only makes sense if you suspend disbelief in what makes sense TO YOU - and believe what they are telling you THEY BELIEVE.
But just because they say THEY BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY doesn't mean they are telling the TRUTH.
THEY ARE LYING.
Playing the part.
The lines from the script they read is part of their job.
What is their job?
To Make You Believe They Believe Everything They Say.