Add this Page to Facebook!   Submit to Twitter   Submit to Reddit   Submit to Stumble Upon   Pin It!   Fark It!   Tell A Friend
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite Save As Favorite View Article Stats
48 comments

The Treason of the Intellectuals

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 11   Must Read 8   Valuable 7

Headlined to H2 4/1/13

Source: Truthdig

Illustration by Mr. Fish

Chris Hedges spent nearly two decades as a foreign correspondent in Central America, the Middle East, Africa and the Balkans. He has reported from more than 50 countries and has worked for The Christian Science Monitor, National Public Radio, The Dallas Morning News and The New York Times, for which he was a foreign correspondent for 15 years.

Hedges was part of the team of (more...)

Why the United States Is Destroying Its Education System

This Is What Resistance Looks Like

Hope, from now on, will look like this. Chris Hedges Speech Before Joining Anti War Vets in DC Civil Disobedience Action

A Decade After 9/11: We Are What We Loathe

The Radical Christian Right and the War on Government

Criminalizing Dissent

Comments

and very right... by Mark Sashine on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 3:10:09 PM
came to mind. She spoke the truth and she was pret... by dorothy przystas on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 3:43:59 PM
I was kicked off Raw Story--for being "anti-Semiti... by Daniel Geery on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 4:27:12 PM
that familiar with Raw Story, but isn't it suppose... by dorothy przystas on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 4:47:37 PM
of their headlines, "Helen Thomas lashes Israel, a... by Daniel Geery on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:17:14 PM
Again I have to agree...lashing out ? Really ? Can... by dorothy przystas on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:07:44 PM
1 The absolutely truthful and right aspect of occu... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:15:41 AM
were poorly chosen and she did apologize. Ialso do... by dorothy przystas on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:23:53 PM
but.. in all fairness her brothers - media people ... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:09:29 PM
I was totally disgusted as I noticed that none of ... by dorothy przystas on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:46:15 PM
particular one that I believe got the most attenti... by Daniel Geery on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:19:43 PM
Keywords....SHAM MEDIA... by dorothy przystas on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 5:49:46 PM
All kidding aside Chris, I can personally say the ... by Alan MacDonald on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 3:48:09 PM
However, I would not classify Tom Friedman a... by frang on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:53:52 PM
And so ... European! Intellectuals ?! :))(Ooops, t... by Ad Du on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 6:09:30 PM
No other species sends its young by the thousands ... by Gary Brumback on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 6:50:43 PM
were more advanced, in that they have had a long a... by Daniel Geery on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:21:56 PM
Calling out the perpetrators for what they have do... by Philip Zack on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 8:46:49 PM
In March 2003 two colleagues and I were sitting in... by David Stevens on Monday, Apr 1, 2013 at 9:33:32 PM
I intend to copy this article and whenever I send ... by patricia win on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 6:34:58 PM
and it certainly won't do any harm. I think I will... by dorothy przystas on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:13:22 PM
is difficult.  The majority rules, and can ea... by Doc McCoy on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:32:57 AM
I have only one amendment to suggest to Chris Hedg... by Paul Carline on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 6:01:58 AM
Genocide is a deliberate and systematic attempt to... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:19:13 AM
Sorry - you're simply factually wrong. The definit... by Paul Carline on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:13:50 PM
That's the point.  It was for some other reas... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:20:33 PM
It doesn't matter whether the primary motive was t... by Paul Carline on Friday, Apr 5, 2013 at 2:40:11 AM
I agree with most of Chris Hedge's writings and op... by Truth Will Prevail on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:25:07 AM
The body language says it all!  As a professi... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:40:29 AM
Many of those Hedges mentions as challenging the c... by Paul Carline on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:16:15 PM
have a hard time comprehending why he has brought ... by Daniel Geery on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:36:09 PM
Interesting.  I missed it when it first came ... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:26:34 PM
On January 17, 1961, Dwight David Eisenhower spoke... by charles mcgee on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:47:34 AM
This is not a monarchy.... by BFalcon on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:07:51 AM
Who? There will be an election.... by charles mcgee on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:19:06 AM
That we have to have the same families recycled?Ye... by BFalcon on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:57:29 AM
If war mongering is a hereditary trait.  Even... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:28:29 AM
if I am not mistaken. I had pretty much loved her ... by Daniel Geery on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:37:51 PM
"if I am not mistaken. I had pretty much loved her... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:28:47 PM
Of course people like Moore and Chomsky are fine w... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:24:47 AM
its failure to mention the institutional framework... by Eric Zuesse on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:57:35 AM
""intellectuals need funding" ? BADLY.... by Ad Du on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:08:30 AM
Every time I read Chris Hedges, my IQ jumps by ten... by Herbert Calhoun on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:03:06 AM
Not until he accepts 9/11 truth.... by Paul Carline on Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:18:53 PM
Hedges should have reamed these traitors a few new... by Carol R Campbell on Wednesday, Apr 3, 2013 at 12:53:53 AM
Cynthia McKinney said "It's not that Obama is wors... by Truth Will Prevail on Thursday, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:28:56 AM
More "Issues Oriented BS" & less focus on the ... by Alan MacDonald on Thursday, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:21:35 AM
In reading Charles Maier's fabulously researched w... by Alan MacDonald on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:59:42 AM