Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 4 (4 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   58 comments

Life Arts

The Book of Revelation: Bad News for Those Waiting on 'End Times'

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 1   Inspiring 1   Valuable 1

Image via Wikipedia

The Book of Revelation

[3] And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
[4] These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb he whither soever goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Source: King James Vision

All my life I have been warned that the end of times is coming soon. It says so in the Bible, you know. In particular, the prophets of Christian doom gleefully point to the Book of Revelation.

I never paid much attention to it since I know from a little bit of a reading of history that Christians have been waiting for the final Judgment since Jesus is attributed to have said, "Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power."

I also know that many fundamentalist Christians, Jews, and Muslims are a bit too eager for the massive killing called for in various 'End Times' scenarios. We even had a fundamentalist Christian President Bush that seemed to be doing all he could to help bring about the destruction of the earth. These fanatical types, which likely make up hundreds of millions of people, will not be happy until they see their neighbor blown up in a fire of destruction and thrown into some pit. They also like to think that they will be the one that gets saved and live happily ever after.

Sadly, many people are a blood thirsty and goofy lot.

Yet, these true believers are sure that God will save them and their kind, and the rest will figuratively and literally go to hell.

But if you are a Christian you might want to think a little bit harder about doing all you can to bring in the final Armageddon.

According to the Book of Revelation there are only 144,000 that will be saved. Now I know most people have high opinions of themselves and can easily see themselves as part of the 144,000. But still those aren't very good odds. So if you think about it, you really got to be playing by the rules nearly all the time to even have a chance. Or at least you have be a bigger believer than nearly all of humanity(I guess your view on being chosen depends on whether you are Catholic or Protestant).

So far so good, you might think. You are chosen and you are going to get the green light to get on Mount Zion with Jesus.

But here it gets a little more complicated. According to the Book of Revelation you can't be a woman and get to spend the thousand years with Jesus.

Sorry girls you are out of luck.

Now Christian men might be rejoicing at this point because your odds just increased. But I am going to give Christians a bit of more bad news. The 144,000 have to be Jews.

Well you might argue that as a Christian you are spiritually a Jew so you will be part of the big day celebrations. Still, it does specifically mention how many will be taken from each tribe.

But Here is the really really bad news for all those that are waiting for destruction of the world as we know it. Not only are girls not in on the thousand year reign of Jesus but those that were "defiled by women" are out of luck. In short, if you are not a virgin then you are not to be saved from the tribulations.

So who is going to be saved during the End Times?

It looks like 144,000 Jewish men that have never had sex. Now I am not sure if there are 144,000 Jewish men that have never had sex with women. I guess that if you include homosexual Jews into the mix then we can get to that number.

The bottom line here is for all of you waiting for Armageddon and End Times, you might want to think long and hard about that. Let's face it, the odds stink and you women are out of luck.

A better bet than doing what you can to bring about the destruction of the world would be to do what you can to help save the planet. That way we don't have to see billions of humanity perish in a blood bath. Moreover, you will get the pleasure of knowing that your children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, etc. might have a beautiful planet to enjoy in peace.

I guess you can call me party pooper or even a heretic, but I am going to do what I can to see that the earth is livable for many years to come. Call me crazy, but I love people in spite of what I know about them. I want them to have good lives and to live in health and happiness. I also would like to see a clean and healthy environment that is safe for life.

Not only that, I don't like my odds of surviving Armageddon and all of the tribulations of End Times. So I am going to do what I can to help others so we don't have to witness the terrible destruction that will come from man's inhumanity to man. I hope others might clearly think about the world they have been creating and come join my side. You might not get 'saved', but you will get to help save. Somehow caring for fellow men and women and helping others seems oddly Christian to me, even if it doesn't get Christians past Armageddon.

I work as a school counselor and mental health counselor in Gallup New Mexico.

Death Panels Already Exist, They are Called Corporate Health Insurance Bureaucrats

The Most Important Development of the 20th Century: "The Coming of Buddhism to the West"

Whatever Happened to Nazi Synthetic Gas and Oil Technology? Scarcity Scams Examined

Why I Appreciate Atheists

American Southwest Geoglyphs--a Message to Ancient UFO Visitors?

Hannity's Hoaxes: The Uncharitable Scamming of the Gullible

Comments

is a Book of Good News, Grant. The good news about... by shadow dancer on Thursday, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:07:47 PM
Yes, it is good news Shadow.You'll find maybe 2 or... by Bob Gormley on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 6:55:36 AM
We try to share what we've learned from the modern... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:12:50 PM
as Grant is in his usual delusional vanity perhaps... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 2:46:28 PM
The son of man may judge. That is his mission. But... by Guy Dwyer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:32:45 PM
your precious hustling Anderson, you, or Arthur ei... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:50:31 PM
You launch personal attacks, but you have no idea ... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:24:45 PM
Irrefutable truth that is self-evident?Like Shadow... by Bob Gormley on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:58:20 PM
Like today's members of the Jesus Seminar, Adamson... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:19:56 PM
Slave Master Jefferson, uh, huh. How many of his ... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:36:05 PM
think I am angry about anything, Arthur? Is this ... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:59:21 PM
You, Shadow Dancer, have unfairly and ignorantly a... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 8:55:34 PM
sneak out with your Political Tyrant Slave Master ... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:40:00 PM
other than a dim bulb like yourself coming along w... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:58:21 PM
I guess it is good news if you area a male, never ... by Grant Lawrence on Thursday, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:31:31 PM
nuclear waste of your world, Grant. How did the T... by shadow dancer on Thursday, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:29:11 PM
The thing you don't realize is that you live in th... by Grant Lawrence on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:25:07 PM
mindless cluelessness Sarah Palin bubble gum Edwar... by shadow dancer on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 9:57:12 PM
Shadow Dancer,I am only taking you to task for not... by Grant Lawrence on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:09:05 PM
for anything, Grant. Play your games & your p... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:53:21 PM
Grant was an Israelite, not a European. The Book ... by shadow dancer on Sunday, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:59:01 AM
Grant, You state that all religious works are c... by Bob Gormley on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:00:32 AM
So the works of Adamson must be included as a work... by Bob Gormley on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:11:23 AM
Adamson is a son of man, the prophesied one, who h... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:19:11 PM
right & feed me another lie. What's he the ne... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:05:13 PM
You sound like a madman. What Arthur wrote is abso... by Guy Dwyer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:46:11 PM
Just tell the truth, as Adamson has shown us.If yo... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:54:37 PM
else to worship you and your Tommy Jefferson Slave... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:00:41 PM
I guess it is good news if you area a male, never ... by Grant Lawrence on Thursday, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:32:07 PM
Much of the book of Revelation is symbolic, and i... by Arthur Avalon on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:57:09 AM
Well put, Arthur. Very good and appropriate quotes... by Guy Dwyer on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:12:33 AM
Joseph Adamsom is a false prophet.Why does he hav... by Bob Gormley on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:04:04 AM
Religious people who do not understand divine will... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:30:06 PM
Arthur's posts were appropriate, but there are oth... by Ruth on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:37:56 AM
Ruth, I am amazed at all the people that support y... by Bob Gormley on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:07:32 AM
As the anointed prophet Jesus predicted, there are... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 1:19:05 PM
or end of the age, nor Book of Revelation is a Myt... by shadow dancer on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:26:06 PM
There is a BIG difference between the myth of the ... by Arthur Avalon on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:39:47 PM
of Jesus in Revelation 19 is the end of all your f... by shadow dancer on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:18:55 PM
If you do even a little bit of soul-searching and ... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:48:14 PM
Jesus would have to laugh, reading this, at least ... by martinweiss on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 4:18:19 PM
The prophet Jesus was indeed the greatest bleeding... by Arthur Avalon on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:49:00 PM
Actually, Jesus is more than just liberal.... he ... by Bob Gormley on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:18:21 AM
Actually, the prophet and christus (anointed one) ... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 1:12:36 PM
I won't argue with you Arthur 'cuz it's a waste o... by Bob Gormley on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 2:06:54 PM
Time will indeed tell who is right and who is wron... by Guy Dwyer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:18:46 PM
Jesus, from what is written, would have certainly ... by Grant Lawrence on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 9:56:04 PM
studying our European Visitors to our land a littl... by shadow dancer on Friday, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:48:44 PM
You are correct, Shadow Dancer, in this respect: T... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 1:54:35 PM
you, your gang here at this site, and your so call... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 5:35:34 PM
Scientology? Tyrants? Games? Come on. Please do no... by Arthur Avalon on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:39:55 PM
your religious political pharisee cult to someone ... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:06:01 PM
He is quite correct that the greedy, rich people w... by Ruth on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 9:35:21 PM
happiness. I love the Hopi as my friends. I love m... by shadow dancer on Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:45:44 PM
The title of this thread is The Book of Revelation... by Arthur Avalon on Sunday, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:49:13 AM
Thanks for sharing the info. I do ultimately belie... by Grant Lawrence on Sunday, Sep 13, 2009 at 3:04:57 PM
That is what Adamson says as well. He is highly cr... by Arthur Avalon on Sunday, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:01:10 PM
I too advocate Adamson's work, but Arthur, Guy and... by Sarah Morgan on Sunday, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:32:37 PM