Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 8 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 48 (56 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Article Stats   77 comments

Is Obama the Trojan Horse, A Psychopath, A Bad Boyfriend or all Three?

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 15   Well Said 14   Valuable 13

opednews.com Headlined to H1 1/7/12

I believe Barack Obama was put into office to do what no Republican could ever have gotten away with.  Obama has extended the wars, created new wars, extended the Bush tax cuts for the rich, given additional bail out money to the banks, allowed the health insurance industry to write the healthcare bill, extended the Patriot Act and signed the NDAA.

Barack T-Shirt by self

Under his watch not one member of the Bush Administration has been held accountable for leading us into wars built on false evidence and lies; not one banker has been held accountable for the fraud and corruption that brought down the global economy.  And the final nail in the coffin, Mr. Slim Shady signed the NDAA bill on New Year's Eve while most American's sipped champagne and sang Auld Lang Syne .  The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) makes America the battlefield and allows indefinite detention of U.S. citizens suspected of "terrorist" leanings without due process.

But why be so negative you might ask?  Here are a few things Obama did manage to do.  He extended unemployment benefits because they're no jobs as his stimulus package was too small.  He also managed to cut payroll taxes, which is a back door way to defund Social Security, He helped cover up the BP oil spill in the Gulf by allowing Coexit, a toxic disbursement not allowed in other countries, to break up the oil which then dropped to the bottom instead of just cleaning it up.  In other words, allowing them to hide the body.

Obama hates truth tellers such as Julian Assange of WikiLeaks and whistleblowers like Bradley Manning who's been held in detention for almost two years for, according to Obama, exposing state secrets aka a horrendous war crime.  That is if Manning is the alleged leaker who gave the "Collateral Murder" video to WikiLeaks showing 12 civilians murdered by American soldiers.  What is the difference between the "Collateral Murder" war atrocity and the 1970 My Lai Massacre and the Court-Martial of Captain Ernest L. Medina? What is the difference between the Pentagon Papers and Daniel Ellsberg and Bradley Manning? I mean isn't this evidence we're now living in a corporate/fascist/ military/police state?

Now look, I know they're still plenty of Obama supporters among us but I find it very difficult to understand why so many people still love, honor and support this guy.  I voted for this guy too.  I fell for his smooth talk, cool demeanor and wide-open smile.  I've always been a sucker for tall dark and handsome but if he wasn't lying then he's lying now and I for one am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

I know it's hard to admit you made a mistake.  I get it.  You really believed this guy was "the one" and he is the one for the 1%: Wall Street, the too big to fail banks, the military industrial complex, the prison industrial complex, big oil, big pharma, i.e. the corporate fascist state he's so gingerly locking into place.

We looked the other way when he said he'd put on comfy shoes and march with the unions and then when the unions had their bargaining rights withdrawn, Obama like the good corporate shill he is, remained silent.  We made excuses for him when he remained silent as the police brutalized, beat, pepper sprayed and shot projectiles at peaceful demonstrators.  Obama, unlike Robert Kennedy who had the balls to stand up to the racists down south and brought in the National Guard to protect those fighting for their civil rights, is a coward.

It could be battered spouse syndrome.  I know there are people hospitalized with a broken jaw or collarbone and they won't press charges against their attackers.  I can't explain why victims protect their abusers but they do and not only do they protect them, they go back to them over and over only to be beaten again and again.

Or maybe it's the Stockholm syndrome whereby victims fall in love with their captors.  It happens.  No need to beat yourself up over it.

To me Obama's like the bad boyfriend.  He lies to you, cheats on you, forgets to call, but you just keep taking him back and making excuses.  "Well, he can't help it.  He has to stand up to those mean Republicans."  Right?

And, therefore, I feel it's my duty to do an intervention.  For those of you still deluding yourselves, who still can't face reality I suggest therapy or better yet maybe pick up a copy of "He's just Not That Into You."

I know it's hard.  I told you I voted for him too.  I sent him money.  I believed him.  But let's be honest this guy is a lying, cheating, warmongering, opportunist who serves the 1% so he might get reelected.  He's in bed with Goldman Sachs, Exxon Mobile, GE and whoever else will pay him for his services.

He does throw us the occasional bone like the recent appointment of Richard Cordray to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  And studies show even rats will keep going back to find the food pellet over and over again even if it only shows up very rarely.  But there comes a time when one must admit they were wrong, cut their losses and move on.

Not to worry they're other fish in the sea.  Jill Stein of the Green Party has a very sane 5-point program.  I know she may seem boring as we all love our bad boys but really a psychopath who murders innocent civilians and destroys countries using drone attacks will eventually turn on you.  Didn't you see "Sleeping With the Enemy?"  Hello!  And there's also Anderson of the Justice Party.  So don't despair you'll find somebody new.  Maybe not right away but you won't have to sleep alone forever.

The Obama brand is collapsing just as the Bush brand before him became so craven even the most deluded had to recognize the fraud that had been perpetrated upon the American people.

Next Page  1  |  2

www.recoveringarmybrat.wordpress.com

Jill Dalton is a recovering army brat/writer/performer/activist who has appeared in film and television as well as performing her solo plays in New York and around the country. Most recently she can be seen in and consulted for William Hurt on the (more...)

Is Obama the Trojan Horse, A Psychopath, A Bad Boyfriend or all Three?

Angry? You're Damn Straight I'm Angry. Roger That.

Go Back to Sleep America

Hedges v. Obama: Did the Bill of Rights die today?

"Too Big To Fail" - The Movie

Does Voting Even Matter?

Comments

They say breaking up is hard to do but in my care ... by Jill (Julia) Dalton on Saturday, Jan 7, 2012 at 8:10:36 PM
My sentiments exactly!  And I've been exasper... by Ronnie Roberts on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 9:19:43 AM
Let's get is over with  by going whole hog fa... by bogi666 on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:14:40 PM
However, I have no qualms about being an echo cham... by Daniel Geery on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:01:20 PM
Ronnie, I really appreciate your comments.  I... by Jill (Julia) Dalton on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:41:29 PM
should check my links above. Rocky Anderson's life... by Daniel Geery on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:04:30 PM
I'm sick to death of it all. I think he may even b... by Thomas Brown on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 9:49:24 AM
the word for Obama, and all the democratic party l... by zon moy on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:42:04 PM
Any free citizen who would vote for any candidate ... by Hubert Steed on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:20:04 PM
Hubert I completely agree.  Both my NY senato... by Jill (Julia) Dalton on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:54:03 PM
out the banksters, and to not sign the Patriot Act... by Jill Herendeen on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:48:42 PM
...facebook. There is NO WAY any computer is full... by Jill Herendeen on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:03:55 PM
One must ask oneself why every major organizationa... by Christopher Lunn on Sunday, Jan 15, 2012 at 5:02:47 PM
You wrote, "The Obama brand is collapsing just as ... by Don Smith on Saturday, Jan 7, 2012 at 10:23:11 PM
Don, I agree with you Obama's brand collapsed a wh... by Jill (Julia) Dalton on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:59:29 PM
of his presidency, which I again apologize for fac... by Daniel Geery on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:07:06 PM
He had the House...He had the Senate...He had the ... by Christopher Lunn on Sunday, Jan 15, 2012 at 4:55:03 PM
"lesser of two evils" ploy. When will we ever lea... by Jill Herendeen on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:52:59 PM
" Obama has extended the wars, created new wars, e... by Dar Gary on Saturday, Jan 7, 2012 at 11:44:07 PM
"Remember who bombed Serbia in 1999?"Actually, mos... by Perry Logan on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:40:12 AM
Whyb does it have to be battered wife syndrom, wic... by Dar Gary on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:45:40 PM
The author deserves credit for her courage and hon... by Perry Logan on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:48:06 AM
Yes, Perry I agree.  It's third party for me.... by Jill (Julia) Dalton on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:06:14 PM
Perry, Since Empire is the singular causal cancer ... by Alan MacDonald on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:36:18 PM
considering that the committee seems to easily get... by zon moy on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:49:26 PM
the courage of Robert Kennedy. Robert's brother Ja... by intotheabyss on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:13:29 AM
is just following orders whether willingly or not.... by intotheabyss on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:15:12 AM
JFK's courageous American University Commencement ... by Alan MacDonald on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:43:53 PM
Yes, the elites have always ruled and I have follo... by Jill (Julia) Dalton on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:45:25 PM
I agree with your comment regarding the illuminati... by Janet Gaudiello on Sunday, Jan 15, 2012 at 1:04:10 PM
Agree with the author's assessment of our deceitfu... by John Howes on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:32:28 AM
Obama REQUESTED the inclusion of the obnoxious pro... by James Granger on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:33:33 PM
soothing the ruffled feathers of those he's stabbi... by Jill Herendeen on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:01:10 PM
I aree Obama is a huge disappointment, but isn't t... by Dana Ward on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 10:23:34 AM
What could be worse than perpetual war and the NDA... by James Granger on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:32:08 PM
you mean the year Gore took his dive, and looking ... by zon moy on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:52:51 PM
I am a livelong Democrat who has long felt he was ... by liberalsrock on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:26:00 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Another fool for the 1%. Or is it just... by James Bush on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:47:05 PM
To whom are you so mean? To the author of the essa... by Elizabeth Hanson on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:54:35 PM
Thanks Elizabeth.  Yes, I come in peace and o... by Jill (Julia) Dalton on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:17:05 PM
Julia, I totally disagree with you.  I am a P... by Brian Enright on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:11:01 PM
will do zackly what? Expand the wars? Give more ... by James Granger on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 5:35:22 PM
James, I don't know who you are--I expected to hea... by Brian Enright on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:59:01 AM
I cannot envision anybody worse than Obama. I vot... by James Granger on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 7:14:33 AM
James, thanks; I was going to say the same thing t... by Brian Enright on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 10:27:11 AM
Do you not look into alternatives when you prepare... by Dean on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:15:19 PM
I LOOK AT ALL CANDIDATES WHO HAVE A POSSIBILITY ... by Brian Enright on Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 8:06:24 AM
I fail to see why I should feel guilty about that.... by Ronnie Roberts on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:22:49 PM
The level of ignorance in this country is matched ... by Susan Lee Schwartz on Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:11:52 PM
What exactly did Obama's mentor,  war crimina... by Janet Gaudiello on Sunday, Jan 15, 2012 at 1:26:42 PM
There's no point in debating this stuff with most ... by Brian Enright on Sunday, Jan 15, 2012 at 9:03:13 PM
It seems to me that most of the previous ... by jtenn on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:11:46 PM
jtenn, I'm afraid I must disagree with your assess... by Jill (Julia) Dalton on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:33:42 PM
Thanks for pointing out more reasons to demand BET... by Elizabeth Hanson on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:50:47 PM
and showed little of his campaign promise.  H... by Dean on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 4:40:11 PM
rejoicing over his victory, according to a book. O... by bogi666 on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 7:54:49 AM
I voted for McKinney in the last election, because... by James Granger on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 5:42:00 PM
James, this says it all to me, regarding your prev... by Brian Enright on Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 8:15:43 AM
And lost the computer-counted districts!!! The co... by Jill Herendeen on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:12:49 PM
Wake Up, nobama and the rest of the two party dict... by Afi James on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:29:26 PM
.................I couldn't agree with you more.&n... by Robert P. Philipps on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:29:40 PM
I agree Robert.  OWS is our greatest hope.&nb... by Jill (Julia) Dalton on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 5:32:28 PM
Great blog Julia! I checked it out! The issue I've... by Elizabeth Hanson on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:32:29 PM
Obama = Greatest REPUBLICAN conman EVER. Is Obama... by iviewit on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 5:08:46 PM
on Grebe. I never heard of him. Very interesting.... by intotheabyss on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 5:49:05 PM
More info @ Eliot I. Bernstein Invento... by iviewit on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:23:03 AM
i have hope that he'll use the indefinite detentio... by zzz05 on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:05:36 PM
Yep. Well stated and right on.... by JAMES MCGHEE on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:38:11 PM
to vote for Obama: The Supreme Court.  Within... by JimZ on Sunday, Jan 8, 2012 at 9:19:16 PM
Dude, please. Obama has already killed the rule o... by James Granger on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:12:32 AM
warm and fuzzy feeling to express rage, I inv... by JimZ on Monday, Jan 9, 2012 at 12:44:05 PM
Obama has gotten us out of Iraq. He is drawing do... by kanawah on Tuesday, Jan 10, 2012 at 2:28:17 PM
My life's too short to further follow this train o... by Brian Enright on Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 2:28:34 PM
I agree that Obama's actions and policies have bee... by SBcharo on Sunday, Jan 15, 2012 at 4:23:08 PM
Well, said Julia, And, as i... by Herbert Calhoun on Sunday, Jan 15, 2012 at 5:25:06 PM
Historically, a little more than a quarter of the ... by Vernon Huffman on Sunday, Jan 15, 2012 at 6:40:06 PM
Painful truths. I do remember how happy I was when... by Stefan Thiesen on Monday, Jan 16, 2012 at 8:18:19 AM