Here are some steps you would have to take to quietly steal an election:
1. Create the impression that the election is very close. This is key to fooling the public. The closer the race seems before the election, the less suspicious any tampering might seem afterwards.
2. Make every effort to suppress opposition voting. For Republicans, this means suppressing minority voting since they are mostly Democrats and easy to spot. They tend to clustered in urban districts, often have minority sounding names and, in some states, they may have to indicate their minority status on voter registration forms. Minority targeting is well underway already. Some mainstream newspapers have begun reporting about it. If you haven’t heard much about it, try going on Google and type the word “caging.”
3. Next, identify those key voting precincts within "swing" states where the vote count must be altered. Vote tampering has become highly scientific; a vast coordination of narrowly targeted operations. It may be facilitated by electronic voting machines and partisan Secretaries’ of State. For lots of further information about this, try Blackboxvoting.com.
4. You must also control exit polls. This is done by creating sampling bias, such as under representing minorities. If exit polls don’t agree with tampered vote counts, simply attack the accuracy of exit polls. Beter yet, arrange to eliminate exit poll results altogether, as happened in 2002, right under our noses.
5. Finally, you have to either suppress recounts or destroy evidence of vote fraud before a recount, as happened in parts of Ohio in 2004. Don’t believe me? Check the Net for former Ohio officials inprisoned for that fiasco.