Freedom: An Endangered Species in America - by Stephen Lendman
Tyranny is replacing freedom in America.
Last September, marking the 9/11 tenth anniversary, the ACLU published a report titled, A Call to Courage: Reclaiming Our Liberties Ten Years After 9/11."
Who then could have imagined America engaged in:
- out-of-control imperial lawlessness;
- torture as official policy;
- extraordinary renditions;
- targeted killings;
- warrantless searches;
- other privacy invasions;
- falsified national security concerns;
- war on terror fear-mongering;
- military commission trials, including for US citizens;
- domestic military force deployments;
- secret FEMA concentration camps;
- pervasive homeland surveillance;