In view of Gov. Sanford's sex scandal and the dwindling supply of suitable GOP candidates for the White House in 2012, a conservative group is pushing for the nomination of Dick Cheney:
Whereas Mr. Cheney has served admirably as Vice-President, successfully
- Prosecuting the war against terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan in response to the 9/11 attacks, preventing subsequent attacks;
- Strengthening our civil rights and freedoms, in particular Second Amendment rights;
- "Poisoning the well" of liberal plans for wasteful government spending on health, education, infrastucture, public transporation, domestic crime prevention and science, by burdening the United States with deficits for the foreseeable future;
- Passing responsibility for ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to the next Administration;
- Increasing America's dependence on fossil fuels;
- Amply rewarding supporters in the energy and insurance industries with favorable policies and subsidies; and
- Increasing the concentration of wealth and media power into the hands of those most capable of managing our nation's wealth and guiding our national policies.
We the undersigned, attach our signatures in support of this petition requesting that Dick Cheney be selected as Presidential nominee for 2012.