Life Arts

Bodhi Bit--Christ Consciousness

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Image by Ubi Desperare Nescio via Flickr

By Grant Lawrence

For a a little over 2,000 years, a portion of the world's population has anticipated the second coming of Jesus.

I don't see the coming of Jesus in bodily form as something that we will be seeing. But what I do firmly believe is that the world could be transformed by that consciousness that Jesus was able to attain while here on earth.

Many think that adopting a heart and mind similar to Jesus or the Buddha is unattainable. For sure it is rare when people attain such levels of compassion and understanding. But the message of Jesus and the Buddha was to have people rise to that level of being that brings great joy and wholeness (holiness) into their lives and into the world.

Jesus is quoted to have said, "Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"(refering to Psalm 82:6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.)

Jesus is also quoted to have said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

So Jesus taught that people could attain that same level of being that he attained. He didn't seek to limit people by saying that they couldn't attain what he had attained.

That level of being comes from an opening of our mind and heart to the life that exists all around us. An expanded consciousness that sees their life as not separate but the same life that exists in everything. An expanded consciousness that Loves life, seeks to limit suffering, and to promote health and happiness in others that share the One Life.

Jesus taught Love for all of our brother and sister beings, this cannot be denied. That type of Love can only come from an understanding of our relationship with life and our own existence.

The second coming of Jesus can be attained right here and now. It can be attained in our hearts and minds by developing that level of consciousness that both Jesus and the Buddha were able to attain while here on the earth.

The Christ Consciousness is the greatest gift that Jesus gave humanity. He urged humanity to attain it through Love and Understanding and to recognize that "Ye are Gods." We don't have to wait until Jesus arrives in a bodily form or even until enough people can enter "the Kingdom of Heaven" with us. Rather, we can enter the "Kingdom" in the here and now by transforming our lives through an awareness of our relationship with life.

I work as a school counselor and mental health counselor in Gallup New Mexico.

Death Panels Already Exist, They are Called Corporate Health Insurance Bureaucrats

The Most Important Development of the 20th Century: "The Coming of Buddhism to the West"

Whatever Happened to Nazi Synthetic Gas and Oil Technology? Scarcity Scams Examined

Why I Appreciate Atheists

American Southwest Geoglyphs--a Message to Ancient UFO Visitors?

Hannity's Hoaxes: The Uncharitable Scamming of the Gullible

Comments

is unbelievably difficult. It is for the "few who ... by Robert Hoogenboom on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 9:35:09 AM
Yes, it is hard to attain but not as rare as we th... by Grant Lawrence on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:07:40 PM
It is not a career.... by John Hanks on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:21:01 AM
Can we prolong these moments of consciousness, and... by Robert Hoogenboom on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 5:11:57 PM
a friend of mine wrote that he was watching a Bill... by shadow dancer on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:24:05 AM
Shadow Dancer,the Hopi prophecies to me are intere... by Grant Lawrence on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:15:59 PM
There is much symbolic prophecy that was never mea... by Sarah Morgan on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:38:53 PM
people may "Think" the prophecy of Mystery Babylon... by shadow dancer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 7:23:58 AM
Granted, Jesus taught that the kingdom of heaven i... by Guy Dwyer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:18:17 AM
so now your informing me of the Singular Eye? Wha... by shadow dancer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 2:00:03 PM
I told you because you obviously don't know. As I ... by Guy Dwyer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:26:32 PM
love your website, love your ideas.consciousness i... by martinweiss on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 1:18:23 PM
Yes I fully agree with what you are saying. Your l... by Grant Lawrence on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:10:47 PM
Ants have life; they are not conscious. We ourselv... by Robert Hoogenboom on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 6:03:44 PM
Well I think you are talking about consciousness a... by Grant Lawrence on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 8:03:36 PM
Grant, in doing what I can with what I have which ... by shadow dancer on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:56:57 PM
Well Shadow Dancer, one thing is for sure the worl... by Grant Lawrence on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 4:21:37 PM
only so much prophecy I can write about in the lim... by shadow dancer on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 9:00:02 PM
The term 'Christian' was not even coined until the... by Eileen Fleming on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 5:43:54 PM
Jesus never was a Christian. The cross he died up... by shadow dancer on Sunday, Jul 12, 2009 at 8:42:54 PM
Shadow, it would be nice if you would quit spoutin... by Guy Dwyer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:37:41 AM
Jesus was a radical universalist. He accepted all ... by martinweiss on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 1:32:08 PM
I too have learned that there are parts of the "Ne... by Guy Dwyer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:55:40 AM
everything is conscious. Plants are conscious. Eac... by martinweiss on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 3:53:14 AM
Martin for several years it has been clear to me t... by Grant Lawrence on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:36:11 PM
in life, Grant, life is about stories.  I was tel... by shadow dancer on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 6:21:40 AM
Great article, Grant. You are certainly on the rig... by Sarah Morgan on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 1:01:25 PM
Thanks.... by Guy Dwyer on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:03:03 PM
Article of yours, Grant, I discussed that I was di... by shadow dancer on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:31:49 PM
You have some sort of relationship.... by Grant Lawrence on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:22:36 PM
This thread is really about the highest state of c... by Guy Dwyer on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 9:58:46 PM
brought up the story of King Herod that is in a bo... by shadow dancer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:13:09 AM
Shadow Dancer, some of your points are well taken,... by Guy Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 1:25:19 PM
of the Book of Revelation was given by Jesus to Jo... by shadow dancer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 4:26:08 PM
You accused "you people" of babbling on. Hmmm....W... by Guy Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 4:36:49 PM
Shadow, you say that you have two friends who teac... by Guy Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 5:21:22 PM
isn't a cheap shot at you at all, just a fact. Fa... by shadow dancer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 9:47:37 PM
Shadow, you misunderstand. It's not that I don't l... by Guy Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:32:01 PM
Shadow Dancer, you seem to confuse real prophecies... by Guy Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:51:04 PM
lived with the Hopi. Lived with a Hopi family. I... by shadow dancer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 2:20:12 PM
None of what you said refutes what I said about Na... by Guy Dwyer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:20:19 PM
Grant I am just experiencing people at this site o... by shadow dancer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:19:15 PM
Shadow, I notice you did not care to address what ... by Guy Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 9:16:08 PM
percieve from Native prophecies that you have read... by shadow dancer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:04:13 PM
Go ahead. Claim I am "high and mighty," etc. But i... by Guy Dwyer on Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:40:01 PM
let me bow down & grovel before you, Guy, beca... by shadow dancer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 4:09:36 AM
No, Shadow, I am not "The Boss." Nor have I ever e... by Guy Dwyer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:53:31 AM
I feel as you do. It amazes me that someone could ... by Sarah Morgan on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:30:29 PM
The Book of Wisdom defines Wisdom as beneficent, k... by Arthur Avalon on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:57:06 PM
I should add that Joseph J. Adamson clarifies what... by Arthur Avalon on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:32:18 PM
As I said before, you seem to confuse real prophec... by Guy Dwyer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:47:18 PM
Arthur's comments were the perfect last words. My ... by Guy Dwyer on Wednesday, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:11:19 PM
And, by the way, I like your explanation about the... by Arthur Avalon on Thursday, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:15:18 AM
I can only say that all of you are sorely in need ... by WML on Friday, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:05:18 AM