Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 144 (144 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Article Stats   49 comments

Now I'm Really Getting Pissed Off

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 3 of 3 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 14   Must Read 13   Valuable 9

opednews.com Headlined to H2 12/19/09

This is President Nothingburger's great gift to America, along with doing nothing about jobs, doing nothing about the Middle East, nothing about civil liberties, nothing about civil rights, and now doing nothing at Copenhagen. Regarding the latter, the world is literally on fire, and he jets in, gives a speech haranguing the delegates that "Now is not the time for talk, now is the time for action", then splits even before the vote in order to beat the snowstorm headed to the east coast that might delay him getting home to his comfy bed. I'm not kidding. You can't make this sh*t up, man.

This guy is killing me, though at the same time I still can't quite figure him out.

Here's what I get: This president is a corporate hack. Like Bush or Clinton, he has constituents, alright but you and I are not on that particular list.

Here's what I don't get: He is radically tanking, at a moment when people no longer have patience for those kind of politics anymore.

Here's what I get: This president has his fingers in many pies, as he needs to, ranging from global warming to economic implosion to two wars abroad to massive federal debt.

Here's what I don't get: Why does he bother to do these things in a way that pleases no one, and only dramatically undercuts his own political standing? Why does he refuse to make anyone his enemy, thus making everyone his enemy?

Is he just massively deluded? I wouldn't have thought so, but watching the guy give himself a very good grade for 2009 straight face and all during the same year he's lost twenty points off his job approval rating, and at a moment when even blacks and gays are deserting him, you know, you have to wonder.

Is he happy just to be a one-term president just to say he's been there and done that, and then sell some more books even if he is reviled as one of the worst in history?

Maybe. But what about the rest of us?

The rest of us, indeed. It's been quite some time since anyone in the White House ever cared about that sorry pack of rabble.

Obama looked like he could've been something different. He ain't.

So this is it, folks.

Change you can believe in?

More like bullshit you can take a bath in, if you ask me.

Next Page  1  |  2  |  3

www.regressiveantidote.net

David Michael Green is a professor of political science at Hofstra University in New York.  He is delighted to receive readers' reactions to his articles (dmg@regressiveantidote.net), but regrets that time constraints do not always allow him to respond. His website is (more...)

Related Topic(s): ; , Add Tags

Now I'm Really Getting Pissed Off

Mission Accomplished: The Reagan Occupation and the Destruction of the American Middle Class

Yes, Of Course They're Brownshirts. What The Hell Did You Expect?

Liberated from Libertarianism: Rand Paul Runs and Hides from ... Rand Paul

In The Year 2025

Comments

"More like bullshit you can take a bath in, if you... by Michael Fairfax on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:56:28 AM
Is demand substance from the political process. Ob... by Dick Thomson on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 8:21:25 AM
"Thisperfect line sums up my feelings exactly. Whe... by Martha Jones on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 12:21:49 PM
I've been holding off judgement, thinking that the... by thomas unger on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 7:13:50 AM
You were pwned like millions of others who thought... by New Hampshire on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 6:02:09 AM
I've been holding off judgement thinking that Pres... by thomas unger on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 7:17:36 AM
No, you're not stupid. You're just one of many peo... by Bill Cain on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 5:10:28 PM
thomas unger,You stated, "I've been holding off ju... by Michael Fairfax on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 7:43:02 AM
Some of us DO already know what it will do to our ... by weslen1 on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 12:51:30 PM
I share that rage, due to a sense of having been c... by Don Smith on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 12:59:57 PM
but they're not "conservative" policies; they're R... by Jill Herendeen on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 2:48:29 PM
The key to appreciating the presidency of Mr. Obam... by Harvey Solomon on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 1:16:17 PM
he allegedly said, "America is a mistake" (Ragtime... by Daniel Geery on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 1:29:33 PM
In effect,they have. The health care "reform," as ... by Jill Herendeen on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 1:39:30 PM
If people refuse to buy in, does the prison system... by Arthur M. Howard-(Scotoni) on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:33:19 PM
You, through your tax dollars, will pay for some o... by Dennis Kaiser on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 6:14:15 AM
The Mount Rushmore of Corruption would contain Bus... by John Kusumi on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 1:51:39 PM
Clinton corrupt? I think not. Maybe you've been ha... by Perry Logan on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 3:30:58 PM
I too have researched the massive attack machine b... by Evelyn Pringle on Monday, Dec 21, 2009 at 6:00:20 AM
Well, hooray for Evelyn and a raspberry for Perry!... by John Kusumi on Monday, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:00:55 AM
I pushed the "thumbs up" button on Mr. Logan's com... by boomerang on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 4:57:19 PM
Boomerang, I heard all the same things you did and... by Dick Thomson on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:51:36 PM
All too true, David.We should have learned form Ra... by Kent Welton on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 5:21:34 PM
shock and denial, anger, bargaining, depression...... by zonie on Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:37:09 PM
I truly do feel sorry for those who placed their h... by Sister Begonia on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 5:43:42 PM
The writer sounds like a republican plant.... by kanawah on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 7:47:44 PM
I've made this argument too. I wonder whether SOME... by Don Smith on Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 at 9:26:29 PM
... just what...is...your...point??? That you're u... by Dak on Monday, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:51:22 AM
I am glad to hear I am not the only one bending my... by karmacounselor on Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 1:33:27 PM
I got to this website from instapundit. This is a ... by Venkatram Pramod on Sunday, Dec 27, 2009 at 11:12:56 PM
Mr. Green, you state, "Will local Republican candi... by Dan K on Monday, Dec 28, 2009 at 12:23:10 AM
Here's what's funny, bud. All of this was foresee... by John Render on Monday, Dec 28, 2009 at 12:51:31 AM
As a conservative, I (obviously) disagree with lib... by Robert Mayo on Monday, Dec 28, 2009 at 3:04:02 AM
I definitely believe in what you say about obama a... by Who Knows on Monday, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:46:32 AM
One wonders how progressives could ever have thoug... by Perry Logan on Monday, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:54:04 AM
"The economy is tanking under Obama, the environme... by kcom on Monday, Dec 28, 2009 at 9:40:19 AM
One of the reasonsConservatives are in such a poor... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 3:58:08 PM
The redefinition of terms is a well-documented tac... by John Render on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:44:13 PM
as you will soon see (there is a chapter in my upc... by Steven Leser on Friday, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:16:24 AM
Sorry Perry, we don't like noecons either so Obama... by New Hampshire on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 6:08:36 AM
You're absolutely right, Obama is screwing it all ... by Meridian Hutchins on Monday, Dec 28, 2009 at 7:30:04 AM
I only see one solution, VOTE them all out in 2010... by janew4 on Monday, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:05:06 AM
A president is an executive. It means his power is... by Margaret Bassett on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:23:54 AM
not at all what the person who wrote this article ... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 5:43:33 PM
If you hadn't bought the hype of the SRM you would... by vegasguy on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:44:17 AM
Boo hoo.... by Jason Racette on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:14:11 AM
one comment Republican trolls to the site.... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 4:30:50 PM
that's Glen Ford and his troops, in 2008, DAVID. O... by GLloyd Rowsey on Tuesday, Dec 29, 2009 at 6:11:19 PM
I am pissed off as most of the comments here, but ... by Rolland Miller on Wednesday, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:45:10 PM