Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 82 (82 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   65 comments

Limbaugh/Hannity Parent Company Admits Hiring Actors to Call Radio Shows

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 2 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 5   Well Said 4   News 3

opednews.com Headlined to H1 3/5/11

While this actor's claim does not specifically prove hosts like Hannity used the fake caller services his parent company sells, Hannity's record of being caught manipulating public opinion, deceptively editing video, suppressing opposing views, and lopsided call ratios through the decades speaks for itself. His show doesn't sound like America and never has.

It has been documented and time-stamped on Twitter for years now, how "average" Hannity callers are denied public rebuttal time and guests set up the "false equivalency". Dissenters describe how Hannity's screeners practice bias and intimidation, requiring they produce a return phone number in exchange for air time.

But if on-air calls to political commentary shows were faked without disclosure, fines or license revocation are well within the jurisdiction of the FCC or Attorney General's office. Although it might be hard to prove the host was in on it, it's the FCC license holder that would be accountable anyway.

Hannity has always maintained it's the listeners and sponsors who decide if they want deliberately distorted programming, but this would be deception of a higher order, if he had actors pretending for example to be soldiers, or military families, doctors, health care workers, etc.

Hannity's tricks, out-of-context smears and questionable charity "expenses" suggest he at least owes a skeptical US public a simple denial of his knowledge of this practice. Otherwise, we may well assume he has been faking calls all throughout his 20 year career - especially if we follow his methods of reporting.

Updated: In "Exclusive: Limbaugh's parent company still using actors to fake radio call-ins, exec tells Raw Story" a source in Premiere's entertainment division is reported to have confirmed the service was still being offered.

Limbaugh and Hannity have both responded on their Monday afternoon shows, denying they ever used this staged call service. A statement by the firm confirmed they are indeed supplying actors to deceive audiences with "custom calls": "Premiere On Call is a recently launched audio service connecting local entertainment radio stations with great voice talent to supplement their programming needs. The service is not utilized by News/Talk programs or stations."

Listeners can report bias in broadcasting to TellFCC - to see how often Hannity distorted checkable facts throughout 2011, see this 'debunk' archive.

Updated - see important follow ups:

Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck Respond To Report That Parent Company Hires Actors for Call-ins

Report: Glenn Beck Staged Calls as Wacky DJ, More Questions Abound

How Hannity's "Fair and Open" Screeners Censor Liberals

Next Page  1  |  2

(OpEdNews Contributing Editor since October 2006) Inner city schoolteacher from New York, mostly covering media manipulation. I put election/finance reform ahead of all issues but also advocate for fiscal conservatism, ethics in journalism and (more...)

Limbaugh/Hannity Parent Company Admits Hiring Actors to Call Radio Shows

The #OWS Video Rupert Murdoch Doesn't Want You To See

LocalLeaks' Charges of Cover-Up by Parents, Police in Steubenville Rape Forces Official Response [Updated]

Obama to Grant Banks Robosigning Immunity in Showdown With Breakaway AGs [Updated]

#OWS Cheers As Defiant Judge Stops Obama From Selling Immunity To Wall Street

Comments

I don't doubt it at all. I used to listen to Mike ... by Davey Jones on Sunday, Mar 6, 2011 at 2:19:02 AM
...then what is to stop a news organization? Reme... by Taylor on Sunday, Mar 6, 2011 at 10:21:34 AM
Taylor and Davey are slightly surprised it would s... by Cliff Carson on Sunday, Mar 6, 2011 at 5:22:46 PM
It is sad, though. But I guess it's kind of refres... by J. Edward Tremlett on Sunday, Mar 6, 2011 at 8:12:50 PM
It's had over 44,000 views-- a real lot for t his ... by Rob Kall on Sunday, Mar 6, 2011 at 10:24:53 PM
click here... by Saman Mohammadi on Sunday, Mar 6, 2011 at 11:04:07 PM
What an honour it is for me to have been mentioned... by Gordon Wayne Watts on Friday, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:39:45 AM
I listen to this conservative talk back radio in N... by Rakesh Krishnan Simha on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 4:31:35 AM
On NPR, it is obvious that some programs use actor... by Peter Duveen on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:34:31 AM
Peter, it's interesting to me you feel pro-Hannity... by Gustav Wynn on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 3:09:11 PM
I better be clear on exactly what I had suspected ... by Peter Duveen on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 4:56:51 PM
Some might say that it's not really very good prac... by Natalie Oberman on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 2:49:58 PM
You're right about Hannity's "inception" tactics b... by Gustav Wynn on Thursday, Mar 10, 2011 at 1:22:02 PM
Good point, Gustav, where you state that you have ... by Gordon Wayne Watts on Friday, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:08:20 AM
is the ratings these lunatics continue to get.... by Daniel Geery on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:07:45 AM
before a Limbaugh or Hannity becomes reformed by t... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 8:43:57 AM
and it's all about "arousal." The purpose is to g... by mrk * on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:13:58 AM
The best free-speech money can buy... ... by Amanda Lang on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 12:40:21 PM
"And these guys regularly call Beck a conspiracy t... by Natalie Oberman on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 2:54:56 PM
I think there's a difference between being urged t... by J. Edward Tremlett on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 3:28:37 PM
Except for the fact that the political talk shows ... by Natalie Oberman on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 4:47:26 PM
They CLAIM they haven't used the actors. I'm sure ... by J. Edward Tremlett on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:02:37 PM
There's no evidence whatsoever that this kind of t... by Natalie Oberman on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:24:04 PM
" But people were given instructions, rotating pho... by J. Edward Tremlett on Wednesday, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:03:55 AM
Sorry but I disagree .... I find it pretty distast... by Natalie Oberman on Wednesday, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:24:02 PM
"When you're the President, you're supposed to be ... by J. Edward Tremlett on Thursday, Mar 10, 2011 at 7:52:27 AM
I'm not talking about advocating for an agenda, I'... by Natalie Oberman on Thursday, Mar 10, 2011 at 10:48:16 AM
Natalie, which is worse - Obama asking the 55 mill... by Gustav Wynn on Thursday, Mar 10, 2011 at 12:27:53 PM
Natalie, you say that "There's no evidence whatsoe... by Gordon Wayne Watts on Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:55:09 AM
Oh please. This is yet another tactic of the righ... by Carol Lemieux on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 10:28:39 AM
No, sorry Carol, I'm afraid the "BS" here is the f... by Natalie Oberman on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 2:30:13 PM
You are a right-winger--that much of what you say ... by Carol Lemieux on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:37:25 PM
Translation: I'm loath to admit it, but you're ri... by Natalie Oberman on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:25:26 PM
Natalie, since you are spinning the OFA seminar ca... by Gustav Wynn on Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 2:48:53 AM
Yeah, I know. You're just asking questions. Fine... by Natalie Oberman on Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 2:52:24 PM
Where was Beck's denial? Premiere said he did not ... by Gustav Wynn on Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 1:17:29 PM
Obviously I'm a little protective of conservative ... by Natalie Oberman on Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 4:54:32 PM
I think you misunderstand Smith-Mundt, which is de... by Gustav Wynn on Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:02:59 PM
I feel very safe in assuming that anything posted ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 4:22:13 PM
You miss my point(s). There has been no use of th... by Natalie Oberman on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 4:39:43 PM
Natalie PleaseDon't defend Brietbart, he faked a s... by Cliff Carson on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:11:29 PM
You're welcome to your opinions. However, my poin... by Natalie Oberman on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:59:08 PM
There was only Premiere On Call's solicitation of ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 8:01:05 AM
No one misses your "points" Natalie. People don't... by Carol Lemieux on Thursday, Mar 10, 2011 at 12:17:02 PM
I'm afraid Mr. Sanchez's point is moot as well, re... by Natalie Oberman on Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 8:12:07 PM
Wow! While I've long suspected that many right wi... by Carol Lemieux on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:03:27 PM
Rush limbaugh spent four minutes denying using act... by Rob Kall on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:23:17 PM
...the gentlemen (sic) protest too much. Mike Mal... by Sheila Samples on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 11:54:39 PM
Sheila, while I am almost certain that Hannity kno... by Gordon Wayne Watts on Friday, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:38:11 AM
at: GordonWatts.com / HealthCareQuestionTooHard.ht... by Gordon Wayne Watts on Friday, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:30:56 AM
Media and truth are permanently divorced. Indy med... by Jay Farrington on Monday, Mar 7, 2011 at 10:10:19 PM
Limbaugh, Hannity, et al are entertainers. Th... by Doc McCoy on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:57:23 AM
has taken on the mantle of Joseph McCarthy in init... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 7:46:51 AM
Look at it this way: It at least insures that some... by Perry Logan on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:07:55 AM
The funny thing is, this story is coming from all ... by James Hadstate on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:52:07 AM
Even with additional fraudulence, how can we reach... by Stephen Pitt on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:12:23 PM
I hope to see more. I applaud the choice of the pa... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:06:57 PM
Both radio and TV, the program seems to get the sa... by shirley reese on Tuesday, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:53:58 PM
Thank you for citing my news article, Gustav, as o... by Gordon Wayne Watts on Friday, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:30:57 AM
"You can be assured that if the hypocrites who mas... by E. J. N. on Friday, Mar 11, 2011 at 7:49:01 PM
"Natalie, you say that "There's no evidence whatso... by Natalie Oberman on Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 2:17:10 PM
Thx 4 not chewing me apart - I'm glad that conserv... by Gordon Wayne Watts on Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:58:51 AM
I just saw the nuances 2 yr questions...Now, I did... by Gordon Wayne Watts on Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 8:08:41 AM
Thanks Gordon. I understand how you would have so... by Natalie Oberman on Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:24:31 PM
Yr welcome -and I trust you read thru my typos abo... by Gordon Wayne Watts on Monday, Mar 14, 2011 at 6:37:49 AM