Regardless of the source or reason for today's mold infestations, the same "drastic measures" to rid one's self of mold are required as they were 2000 years ago.
What drastic measures were employed to eliminate mold 2000 years ago? It seems reasonable that contaminated items were either burned or buried - or both. Are mold toxins any less deadly today? Many mold-infested homes and buildings, including the infected items within, should be of immediate concern.
[The above information was obtained from Dr. Andrew W. Campbell.]
As a victim of a mold-related illness, I urge you to take this issue to heart. Look at the photos which follow. They are the sad reality of what mold-mycotoxins did to us; but we are just one case of mold poisoning. Mold is causing devastating health effects all across the USA. Toxic mold runs rampant in homes, schools and the workplace. Most mainstream physicians and even some of the agencies designed to protect us deny the serious health effects. I assure you the pain and devastation seen below is just as real as it looks. Please be warned and help bring the truth to America. It could just as easily happen to you or someone you love. Photos: Before and after toxic mold hell.
Despite the fact mold toxins are known agents of biowarfare, the denial continues. Trichothecenes clearly poisoned us. I urge you to do a search on this toxin for yourself. You will see it's a deadly toxin produced by varios fungi, such as fusarium, stachybotrys, trichoderma among others; and as stated above, there are many different mycotoxins, just as dangerous. If a toxin is a poison and we're inhaling, ingesting and absorbing it, does common sense alone not tell you it will harm you? Many times these toxins act as a stealth poison. In our case, we never saw any visible mold; but environmental reports prove beyond any doubt it abounds within the walls of this home.
Mold victims are being abandoned by the medical community. Insurance companies continue to deny claims where lives have been destroyed and possessions lost. Where do they turn for help? Have they basically been given a death sentence? Who stands to profit by keeping the truth from the people? It appears some have a vested interest in spreading the lies and deceit. That's another story within itself, but let me say on behalf of all those who suffer from such illnesses: Those who are deliberately sweeping this under the rug and allowing this innocent people to suffer - Shame on you! Your behaviour is totally unacceptable and causes many to be unable to get proper medical care or much needed assistance. If you are liable for such injuries then accept that responsibilty. I'm a pretty strong lady but it often feel like chemicals were sprayed into my face, eyes, lungs and entire body. My immune system has been destroyed. For me to, however, imagine a child being treated this way; I refuse to accept that.
Many may deny mold-related illness as a result of misinformation. Well, ignorance of anything does not mean it does not exist. Take the time to learn. The devastation of mold victims and their families should not be ignored. The lack of concern greatly concerns me. How can I sit here and do nothing? It appears many would like to silience our voices. That is NOT going to happen. I have alot of faith in God. But I see too much suffering. Some will just give up the fight. They are rejected or told their illness is clearly psychosomatic. They often lose the support of friends and even family members. This needs to change. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I have proof this really happened. We did not imagine it; yet toxic mold is wreaking havoc in the lives of countless victims. I can lead you to many of them.
I urge the public to take this health crisis seriously. Help us speak out. Don't let anyone tell you you cannot become very ill from mold and mycotoxins. Yes, you can! If you want to see how many people are being devastated from mold, visit Sickbuildings Yahoo Health Group. If I had not found them, I would probably not be here to write this article. I would have never been led to the right people for a diagnosis. You will see postings from victims all over the world who are sick and searching for answers.
Don't let what happened to us happen to you. God bless.
Again I thank Dr. Campbell for his support of mold victims and for the use of the information above. For a doctor to have all the wisdom in the world is great, but to see a doctor "practice with his heart" means a lot.
Weapons of mass destruction - agents of biowarfare like trichothecene are produced from fungi/molds. Stop the madness.
Authors Website: http://www.survivingyellowrain.blogspot.com
Songwriters, advocates, Iris and husband, Tommy Lee reside in North Augusta, SC. Poisoned by toxic mold & trichothecene, they're dedicated to creating a public awareness of the dangers of water-damaged buildings. Forced to abandon home & worldly possessions, mycotoxins destroyed their health. With nowhere to turn for medical care until much later, the illness progressed to advanced stages. Anyone dealing with a serious mold issue feel free to contact them for support and direction.
ABC News, EMagazine, Healthy Living, Walton Independent and many other publications have shared their story and activism.
As they battle their own tragedy, they've given it to God, as He is the reason they're alive. Surely it's to be a voice for the voiceless and hope for the hopeless. Iris arranged the 1st mold health seminar in her area in Nov. 2007. In 2008 as both victims and educators they met and gained support for indoor mold awareness from Governor Sonny Perdue. September was proclaimed Indoor Mold Awareness in Georgia.
Music is what remains of the life once shared. Just before diagnosis, they released a heartfelt 911 tribute CD, Surviving the Storms, Truckin' On and other songs of life, love, laughter, hope and inspiration. Music was their life. They miss long hours in recording studio, writing, singing and producing music.
They feel insurance companies acted with malicious negligence by failing to act. Advised in 2006 Iris & Tlee suffered life-threatening injuries that could cost them their lives without proper medical care and a safe home. The fact that this all took place is not even in question.
Due to initial systemic poisoning, they now have extreme hypersensitivity, as well as now mcs, multiple chemical sensitivities causing them to move 12 times since 2005. Twice they've had to start all over, leaving everything behind. They do their best to still serve the Lord in music and ministry, and also do advocacy works in an effort to save others the pain the endure daily.
July 27th, 2010 they did an interview with WJBF, Anchor Mary Morrison, who took great interest in toxic mold illness. Hopefully , lives can be saved and safer homes be built.
All the documentation, both medical and environmental can surely be a help to preventing someone such pain and loss. It is time to break the mold of deceit, greed and lack of mold education.