Here's the good news -- you can help, right now today -- no matter where you are to support Occupy Wall Street. Here are 11 simple things you can do.
Eviction Notice Served on Occupy Wall Street - New Action
Call and email these people at Brookfield Properties and politely request that the allow the use of the Zuccotti Park for peaceful demonstations:
Ric Clark - CEO
Vice President, Investor Relations & Communications
Brookfield Office Properties
Email: melissa.Email address removed
Chief Financial Officer
E-mail: bryan.Email address removed
Throw a Nationwide Credit Card Cutting Party
Occupy Wall Street mail drop for donations has been established: UPS Store 118 A #205 New York, NY 10038 - RE: OCCUPY WALL STREET
These patriot occupiers are fighting for 99% percent of us. Those who are unemployed, uninsured, under employed and totally insecure in the face of ever increasing social and financial inequities. They are standing up for those who cannot be there right now.
Believe me when I tell you nobody, but nobody knows this is going on!
Here's the good news -- you can help, right now today -- no matter where you are.
Smallest Crowd On Day One: 10AM by Chaz Valenza
1) Spread the word -- there's something going on. People have started a movement, they're occupying Wall Street. Hundreds of people have been camped out in lower Manhattan for three days!
2) If you're in New York and can only spare a little time or money: bring American Flags, cardboard, markers, water, etc. down to Liberty Park
3) In the New York area and have a day, a morning, an afternoon go down there. The weather appears to be holding. Take the day off and just go. I know it sounds hard to believe but you will be heard, literally. This is a open general assembly effort and you will get your say and be a real participant.
4) A little ways from NYC -- organize foursomes to go to NYC for the day. It will cost you the train/bus/car fare. Take nothing but some food and water and your body.
5) Too far to get to NYC? Sign this petition and I will read your name and comments in Liberty Park this week, I promise. Break Up Goldman Sachs Now!
6) Be subversive against the big money interests wherever you are and encourage others to do the same: Don't give the banksters 4% of every purchase you make with a credit or debit card -- Use Cash. See: UseCashMovement
7) Be subversive: max out your credit card on large ticket items and return them the next day (This one is right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook.)
8) Move your money from a big bank to a credit union.
9) Picket a local branch of a bank, when the press asks you what the heck you think you're doing tell them it's in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street
10) Send food to the protesters in Liberty Park through a New York friend or go to the live stream chat for information on local eats that will take your order. (yes, you'll have to use your credit card, big spender!)
11) Do you know anybody who knows anybody that knows a writer, a celebrity, etc. that will show their face at the protest? Get to them now.
Bonus Support Idea 12) Spread the word again, and repeat!
See you in Liberty Park.
Chaz Valenza is writer and small business owner in New Jersey. He earned his MBA from New York University's Stern School of Business. His current feature film project is "Single Point Failure" an insider's account of how the Reagan Administration caused the greatest tragedy of the space age based on Richard C. Cook's book "Challenger Revealed." He is a former Director of Public Information for Planned Parenthood of NYC. His website is: www.WordsWillNever.com