Power of Story Send a Tweet        
- Advertisement -
OpEdNews Op Eds

Election Fraud in Egypt

By   Follow Me on Twitter     Message Michael Collins       (Page 2 of 2 pages) Become a premium member to see this article and all articles as one long page.     Permalink

Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags  Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 2   Well Said 1   Supported 1  
View Ratings | Rate It

opednews.com Headlined to H1 6/21/12

Author 3863
Become a Fan
  (124 fans)
- Advertisement -

The official results for the Egyptian presidency have not been released yet. The candidate tied for last place in preelection polling, Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood, is claiming victory. Shafiq is challenging that claim.

Guess who is in charge of the final vote count and announcing the winner? Egypt's military high command.

Will the military prevail with this massive election fraud?

Will the conservative interests of the United States and the Gulf Cooperation Council prevail?

- Advertisement -

Just two days after the end of voting, trade unions along with professional organizations staged a protest of a recent decree giving police and military intelligence unlimited powers to arrest citizens.

The fight has only begun.


- Advertisement -

This article may be reposted with attribution of authorship and a link to this article.

*The 15% turnout figure comes from onsite estimates in The Independent and the observations of various press organizations on the scene.

Official turnout figures were not released yesterday, but electoral observers it could be as low as 15 per cent. From an electorate of 50 million, that would mean Egypt's next President had been chosen from a total of about seven million votes. "We think the turnout definitely did not exceed 15 per cent," said Sherine el-Touny, of the Egyptian monitoring body Shayfeencom. "Even if it was 30 per cent, that would mean we had seen 17 million voters on the streets, but I don't think we saw that today." The Independent, June 18

The Money Party

Next Page  1  |  2


- Advertisement -

Must Read 2   Well Said 1   Supported 1  
View Ratings | Rate It

Share on Google Plus Submit to Twitter Add this Page to Facebook! Share on LinkedIn Pin It! Add this Page to Fark! Submit to Reddit Submit to Stumble Upon Share Author on Social Media   Go To Commenting

The views expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this website or its editors.

Follow Me on Twitter

Writers Guidelines

Contact AuthorContact Author Contact EditorContact Editor Author PageView Authors' Articles
- Advertisement -

Most Popular Articles by this Author:     (View All Most Popular Articles by this Author)

Ukraine President Once Agent for U.S. State Department

Worst President Ever - Barack H. Obama

It's official! You're on your own

Rigged Elections for Romney?

Real Unemployment at 23% - Dampening the Excitement

Humiliation And Death As A Tool Of National Policy