- Another snotty-nosed, ultra-conservative kid in the Bush administration with no science background whatsoever has been exposed for blocking the release of a scientific study done in 2006 which showed connections between poverty and poor health. The kid, William R. Steiger, blocked the release of a surgeon general's report that urged Americans to help tackle poverty and global health problems because it did not fit with the Bush administration's agenda.
Surgeon General Richard H. Carmona, who commissioned the "Call to Action on Global Health", was told by a senior administration official that he “just didn't get it”, meaning that the Bush administration was not about to tackle any poverty, let alone global poverty. Carmona was ordered to change the document, but refused. No wonder he's not the Surgeon General anymore.
- In Iraq, things are going great as we learn that the Iraqi puppet president Al Maliki has been fighting tooth and nail with General David Petraeus over his attempts to arm Shia militias. In fact, Maliki personally asked “President” Bush to fire Petraeus, but Dubya just told Maliki to calm down. Of course Maliki should calm down, what has he got to worry about? The surge is working just fine, and everything is peachy in Iraq. Say, did they get that oil sharing agreement through the puppet government yet?
Oh, and did I mention that Britain is pulling its troops out of Iraq? I guess they're calling it the anti-surge.
Just to make sure that everyone is ready for the increased violence that Bush has planned for the Middle East, the United States is preparing to sell another massive stockpile of military gear to Saudi Arabia.
And you were wondering how we were going to pay for all that oil!
- I loved the story about how Prescott Bush, Dubya’s granddaddy, plotted a fascist military coup to take the government from FDR. I guess he would say “better late than never” if he were alive today.
- If you're getting ready to open a can of chili for breakfast, you might want to make sure that the can isn't bulging too much…
- And finally, the rumors are spreading that progressives and liberals are considering taking back the Democratic Party the way the neocons took over the Republican Party six years ago. Should be fun.
- Oh wait! I almost forgot, Ralph Nader is talking impeachment….