( a package of measures to curb and eradicate the fire- arms - related violent crime in the US)
The following package of legislative measures and other initiatives is specifically tuned for the country like US where financial incentives are to be ( at least in theory) the driving force for the success of any endeavor.
1. Develop and approve the Index Of Local Violence Level parameter measured by the annual loss of life and property damage. Approve the index in Congress and publish this index openly for public annually per voting districts. Develop a statistical methodology to come up with the National Index for USA on the basis of the local indices. Develop and introduce a "National Index System for Violence in the Entertainment' for movies, video-games, TV-series, all visual entertainment,
2. Introduce a special Violence Tax division in the Federal IRS with sole goal to collect and distribute the new set of taxes associated with violence. The funding for the division is to come from the Defense budget.
3. Introduce a special " Local Violence Vanishing Tax' on all registered religious institutions per voting districts. The tax should be universal and non- discriminatory. The higher is the index of local violence - the higher is the tax on the donated and/or other assets/proceedings of those institutions (e.g. -- Bar- Mitzvah charges for the Jewish institution) ; the lower the index- the lower the tax. Tax is to be collected by the Federal IRS Violence tax division. The amount of the tax is to be defined per the assets targeted and published in the form of tables.
4. Introduce a "Vanishing Violence Tax' on all private educational institutions per voting districts under the same conditions as #3.
5. Introduce a " progressive salary change' on all the upper --level federal, state and local govt. officials and /or supervisory personnel associated with the voting districts- from public school principals to senators and congressmen; The higher the index- the lower the salary and vice-verse. Non- supervisory personnel is not to be a part of this measure.
6. Introduce a special "Protection Tax' levied on the following: all big business ( profit more than $10mln per year gross) ; every short -- term stock- exchange transaction ( both on buyer and seller); every off- shore account; every outsourcing activity; every govt/state contractual bid. The tax is to be universal and constant per the category of the asset taxed ( like one level of % for profits and another one -- for transactions, etc).
7. Introduce and exercise a special " Presidential Tax' on all Presidents of the USA, tied to the National Index. Publish that tax value every year of the Presidency and impose the final value (year 4) on the outgoing President and on the President- Elect.
8. Introduce and exercise a " Violence Tax' on all types of visual entertainment ( per profits) according to the "National Index System for Violence in the Entertainment' above,
The Proceedings of all the taxes above are to be distributed exclusively for:
1.Salary/pension increase and extended training of local law enforcement: police, correctional officers, local security in the buildings, forensics, FBI, DEA, ATF, firemen, paramedics.
2. Salary/pension increase and extended training for teachers in public schools, social workers, dept of labor employees and all human resources engaged in working with teenagers.
3. Capital appropriations and equipment renovation in all the #1,2 -- organizations.
4. Free college education (4 year) for all non- supervisory policemen, law enforcement personnel , firemen and paramedics who completed 4 years of the " field duty' with the guaranteed workplace provided they want tor return back to the duties the had to leave to complete the education.