Tell Congree Vote No War Against Syria by JEO Photography
There are at least eight reasons why America should not intervene in the Syrian conflict.
1. Syria is a sovereign nation. We have no business interfering in their internal affairs.
2. They do not pose a threat to our country, never have, and never will.
3. We should not fight other people's wars for them. Wars are terrible. No one should ever go to war without first counting the cost.
4. Intervention may set a precedent in the minds of others. How many dissatisfied factions, in how many countries may come to think they can start a revolution or a war and the U.S. will intervene on their behalf. All they have to do is get several television cameras filming their dead and wounded, and covering the atrocities of their conflict. Wars are filled with atrocities.
5. We are going it alone. We do not have the support of the United Nations, the Security Council, or any other international body.
6. We are not the sheriff of the world. We have no authorization to police the world, stop all the bad guys, and rescue all the good guys, etc.
7. We cannot afford another war. We are involved in two already which are still maiming and killing Americans, and draining our financial resources. These wars have made us one of the most hated nations in the world. They have not brought about permanent change, and they have created more enemies of the U.S. than we have ever destroyed.
8. Some people claim we are a Christian nation, but we do not act like it. The way of Christ is the way of peace. Someone has said, "Christianity is the flag under which the ship of state sails, but it does not control the rudder that steers it." How true that is, sad but true.