Reprinted from Robert Reich Facebook
(Image by Gage Skidmore) Details DMCA
Mike Pence -- Donald Trump's pick for vice president -- is one of the most extreme right-wing officials in America. Let us count the ways:
1. As governor of Indiana he signed the "license to discriminate" bill allowing Indiana businesses to deny service to gays.
2. He has tried to halt the settlement of Syrian refugees in the state.
3. His position on abortion is so extreme that, as a member of congress, he voted for legislation that would give "personhood" rights to embryos, and defund Planned Parenthood.
4. He also voted against measures aimed at preventing LGBT discrimination, and he supported federal legislation prohibiting same-sex marriage.
5. He also threatened to block Hurricane Katrina reconstruction unless the money needed was offset by cuts to Medicare and the national school lunch program.
6. He has compared Obamacare to the 9/11 attacks (although later apologized for the comment).
7. Pence is also a favorite of the Koch brothers.
TRUMP-PENCE: YOU'LL BE SORRY
DUMP TRUMP, SUSPEND PENCE