MICHAEL MOORE'S TOP TEN THINGS A PRESIDENT NEEDS TO DO AFTER TAKING OFFICE 2009-This is food for thought!
By Kevin Stoda
Just five days before the election, Democracy Now! put Michael Moore's interview with them on the nationally syndicated program. In the program, Moore had a lot of political wisdom and good analysis to share-including what to tell those friends of yours who are leaning towards voting McCain and Paylon:
"OK, I don't want to discuss, you know, Governor Palin's politics or what she believes in or whatever with you, I just want to-let me just ask you this question: you know, you've only known her for like seven weeks; would you turn the keys to your house over to somebody if you're going away on a trip to somebody you've known for only seven weeks? Would you turn your children over to someone that you've known for seven weeks? And if you love your country, why would you turn your country over to someone that you've known for seven weeks?"
As Moore warns us, "It makes absolutely no sense to me."
I agree. Your friends should, too.
This simple thought should be a warning to any American who doesn't want another George W. Bush-or worse-sitting in the White House.
Michael Moore has made available one of his chapters on his Election Guide 2008.
It, too, provides a warning to all recalcitrant voters this election.The interview with Amy Goodman is called, "Moore on the Election, the Bailout, Healthcare, and 10 Proposed Decrees for the New President's First 10 Days" and is a landmark in good progressive analysis and should become a classic--if Tuesday November 4, 2009 doesn't renew the lengthy string of election disappointments progressives have witnessed time-and-again over the past 4 or more decades.
7 of 10 CHANGES IN TEN DAYS
Michael Moore shares some of his own top-ten changes for the first ten days of the next new president. He calls for change:
(1) America needs to bring back the draft, but only draft the children of the rich.
(2) Anyone who tries to make a profit on healthcare will be arrested, i.e. it should be a crime to make money off of sick people.
(3) Ban High-fructose corn syrup in foods, i.e. save lives and unnecessary suffering.
(4) Americans no longer need to pay more taxes than the French peoples do, i.e. the American tax system has so many hidden taxes in it that Americans out pay the French.
(5) Pay for our kid's college education-note: the French and others get it for free or included in their taxes.
(6) Build wells, feed al-Qaeda and stop propping up governments that feed Al-Qaeda and stop people from accessing to water, i.e. don't do it by making endless wars on terror that ruin America's benevolence and positive actions in the world.
(7) Make social security taxes on earned income for everyone-well above the current charge on only the first $102,000. That is, have the wealthy shore up social security immediately through 2075. Interestingly, the first item above (concerning the need to draft the wealthy and their kids) would make his offspring-as well as many of otherHollywood Stars and Moguls--eligible for immediate draft. On the other hand, I suppose he would then fight even harder to keep America out of wars. See how Michael Moore supports this veterans' HONOR THE FALLEN organization, and others from his own blog: http://www.michaelmoore.com/