In response to an article I wrote, Carol says:
We need is someone to set the agenda, to Name a Day for the country's disenfranchised to show up in Washington. And I believe we're all disenfranchised at the moment.
Alright, unless somebody has a better idea ...
I'm declaring January 9th National Citizens Day.
National Citizens Day will be a day to:
(1) Honor and celebrate the power of the American Citizen
(2) The fact that the American Citizens own the country, the government, and all its employees, who serve at their will
(3) The fact that the American consumer - who drives 70% of the American economy - dictates which companies succeed and which fail with his or her purchasing decisions
Here are traditional and appropriate ways to celebrate National Citizens Day:
- Show up in Washington D.C. and show that you've got the power
- Move your money from one of the companies that are treating the American Citizen like we work for them and who are holding the economy hostage to a company which has not been bailed out by us, and is not taking our deposits and using them to speculate in casino style gambling