Assange has not been seen in public for seven weeks. A raid on the Ecuadorian Embassy where he has been 4 years in refuge was reported in mid-October.
Rumors have been growing that he is in CIA custody. We at OEN don't know what to believe, but we think this topic bears investigation.Here are some claims made in the Anonymous video:
- Assange has been working with the CIA since 2014.
- Several people associated with Wikileaks have died suspiciously in 2015-16.
- A man was taken from the Embassy under a black hood October 16.
- A plane used by the CIA to transport political prisoners ("enemy combattants") was tracked from London to North Carolina the following day.
- Assange's internet access was reported to be cut off by the Embassy at this time, allegedly in order to preclude his release of information about Hillary Clinton that might influence the US election.
- But 4 weeks post-election, the internet has not been turned back on.
- The Wikileaks web page has nevertheless been updated with relatively inconsequential items, while some more important items have allegedly been removed from the Wikileaks site.
- Despite rumors and requests from patrons of Wikileaks, Assange has made no video appearance since October.
- An interview was reported by a Swedish prosecutor was reported to have taken place November 14, but after 8 hours, there was no transcript of the interview, and Assange's lawyer was not permitted to attend, so we have only the prosecutor's word for what transpired.
- A purported audio-only interview of Assange in November was of uncharacteristically low sound quality.
- Wikileaks web site is now controlled by CIA, and they are using it to trace and prosecute people who submit leaks.
- The encryption key for a massive trove of data is in circulation. The data was previously distributed by Assange in an unreadable form, and the key to decode the data was to be a poison pill, held in reserve to deter attacks on his life.