Former US Policymakers Promote War on Iran
Influential ones want war against a nonthreatening, nonbelligerent state.
by Stephen Lendman
In 2007, former Senators Howard Baker, Tom Daschle, Bob Dole, and George Mitchell established their Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) imperial project front group.
Among other issues addressed, warmaking's prioritized. Its board of directors include:
- Norman Augustine, former Lockheed Martin chairman and CEO;
- General Charles Wald, USAF (ret.);
- John Rowe, Exelon chairman and CEO, the nation's largest proliferator of dangerous nuclear power plants;
- Frances Fragos Townsend, Baker Botts partner; James Baker's a senior partner;
- former FAA head Jane Garvey, BPC chairperson;
- former National Commission on Energy Policy (NCEP) head Jason Grumet, BPC president;
- Walter Isaacson, president and CEO of the right leaning, pro-corporate Aspen Institute; formerly he was CNN chairman/CEO and Time managing editor; and