When you read behind it, it's almost as if he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point.News commentator Ed Schultz said today that Cheney is wishing for a terrorist attack on the U.S.
What should we make of all this?
Well, everyone knows that Cheney is ruthless:
- Cheney is the guy who pushed for torture, pressured the Justice Department lawyers to write memos saying torture was legal, and made the pitch to Congress justifying torture. The former director of the CIA accused Cheney of overseeing American torture policies
Cheney is also the guy who:
- Helped found the Project for a New American Century, which called for a new American empire well before 9/11, and lamented that, without a "catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Harbor", transformation of America into an empire would be very slow.
- In the 70's -- Cheney was instrumental in generating fake intelligence exaggerating the Soviet threat in order to undermine coexistence between the U.S. and Soviet Union, which conveniently justified huge amounts of cold war spending. See also this article.- Advertisement -
- 30 years later, Cheney was largely responsible for generating fake intelligence about Iraq in order to justify the war. And, according to former British Defense Secretary, Cheney has called the shots in the failed Iraq war.
- According to former high-level intelligence officer Melvin Goodman, Cheney orchestrated phony intelligence for the Congress in order to get an endorsement for covert arms shipments to anti-government forces in Angola?
- Cheney has been perhaps the leading advocate for strengthening the powers of the White House to the point of monarchy for at least 20 years?
- Cheney was involved in debates concerning illegal wiretaps 30 years ago?
- Cheney was probably responsible for outing CIA agent Valerie Plame.
- Pulitzer-prize winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh says that the military ran an "Executive Assassination Ring" throughout the Bush years which reported directly to Cheney.
- Hersh also says that Cheney is the main guy helping to fund groups which the U.S. claims are terrorists (see confirming articles here and here)
Remember that Cheney falsely claimed that there was a link between 9/11 and Iraq, but has recently admitted there was never any evidence to back up such a claim.
Remember also that the torture program which Cheney created was specifically aimed at producing false confessions in an attempt to link Iraq and 9/11.
A well-known writer said of Dick Cheney:
For his entire career, he sought untrammeled power. The Bush presidency and 9/11 finally gave it to him . . . .Indeed, as I've previously written:
The Afghanistan war was planned before 9/11.
The decision to launch the Iraq war was made before 9/11.
The Patriot Act was written before 9/11.
- Advertisement -The government's spying on Americans began before 9/11 (confirmed here and here).
The neocons who now run the U.S. government lamented, before 9/11, that they could not institute their plans for global domination without a "new Pearl Harbor".
So Cheney had a lot of motivation to "accidentally" let 9/11 happen.
Cheney also knew 9/11 was going to happen. The government knew that terrorists could use planes as weapons -- and had even run its own drills of planes being used as weapons against the World Trade Center and other U.S. high-profile buildings, using REAL airplanes -- all before 9/11. Indeed, the government heard the 9/11 plans from the hijackers' own mouths before 9/11.