Organic food for optimal health has been our mantra for many years. Indeed, lord science has confirmed that certified organically grown fruits and vegetables are higher in antioxidants, vitamins, fiber and other beneficial substances.
Today the "organic" label is being usurped and manipulated.by corporate agriculture (BigAgra), the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). "Natural," "USDA certified" and "organic" are grocery-store terms for food and drink which contains less pesticide residue than other processed items but often contains genetically modified or nano-modified components, as well as harmful additives.
The only way to know your food is really organic is to buy "Certified Organic" products, grow your own, be a member of a CSA (community-sponsored agriculture) farm, or buy from organic farmers' and food markets.
Consider some current processed food facts:
1. Most grains, including rice and 85% of the soy sold in the U.S. are genetically modified. Preliminary studies from non-pharmaceutical-funded sources strongly indicate that
a. Domestic and wild animals will avoid genetically modified feeds if given a choice.
b. If the installed gene manufactures a toxin, such as a pesticide or B. thurgiensis, the gene can and does "jump" to the digestive tract of the person ingesting it and that person's cells actually manufacture the toxin thereafter in the person's body.
c. Some techniques of gene insertion blast the DNA apart and have no way of determining what other genetic abnormalities have been induced.
d. Laboratory animals fed GMO (genetically modified) potatoes or grains have a much higher incidence of cancer, birth defects and premature death than control animals.
2. Manufacturers in the U.S. are NOT required to label GMO or nano-ingredients, nor to prove safety to the consumer. Most commercial cereals, flours and other grain-based foods contain GMO ingredients.
3. Nanotechnology, increasingly placed in commercial foods without labels or studies, improves color, taste, and preservation to make these items more attractive. Nanoproducts undoubtedly enter cells of our digestive tract and do. . .what? Again, no studies have been required, and the world's people are being used as guinea pigs in this international experiment.
4. Genetic modification and food nanotechnology has been heavily funded by the Rockefellers (American Rothschild family) in order to use food as a tool of the "new eugenics"--selection of wealthy elites for survival. Henry Kissinger said, "Give me control of the food, and I will control the people."
5. Genetically modified seeds are patented and often contain "suicide" genes or genes that will not let the seed germinate until a certain other product available from Monsanto, ConAgra or other Big-Agra company is applied. This means that farmers are forced to buy new seed every year, rather than save seed from crop to crop in a time-honored organic tradition, and also are forced to pay patent fees to the seed company. So many GMO grains have now been grown in the U.S. that lower prices have forced the demise of the mid-western family farm in the last century.
Argentina, as a bailout from its economic catastrophe, was forced to turn its rich prairies into GMO fields, to the detriment of its thriving beef industries and family farms. Iraqi farmers have been told by U.S. troops to plant only GMO crops in the cradle of civilization and are penalized for trying to maintain traditional food-growing. India has been visited by the European Rothchilds to begin substituting GMO agriculture for their bountiful traditional farming methods, and many farmers there have committed suicide when they learned they could not save seed to plant their next season's crop.
6. Radiation of meat and produce is being used without labeling to destroy bacteria (and mad cow disease?) in the food and increase the shelf life. Radiation destroys cells and changes DNA, so what does it do to the nutritional value of the food?
7. Cloned meat has been approved by the FDA and is being sold to Americans without being labeled. There are no long-term studies of potential side effects.