|'According to the Army and Marine Corps, at least 12 service members have died in Iraq as a result of electrocution since 2003,' Waxman said in a letter to SecDef Robert Gates asking for information on contracts. In Oct 2004, the Army issued a safety publication noting that five soldiers died from electrocution in 2004. The service warned that improper grounding of electrical wires is 'a factor in nearly every electrocution.'
Read the rest of the story HERE:
Sheila Samples is an Oklahoma writer and a former civilian US Army Public Information Officer. She is a Managing Editor for OpEd News, and a regular contributor for a variety of Internet sites.
|The views expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the author
and do not necessarily reflect those of this website or its editors.