Military Equality Goes Astray -- Primary Reasons Why DADT Should Be Repealed
Please Consider the Following:
(1) No one, including our Government, should tell any citizen in these United States how to live their lives or who they should go to bed with.
(2) It is also true that mentally disturbed heterosexuals may commit a rape on a woman sometimes and homosexuals could possibly do the same in regard to men. However, there are already laws on the books in the Military and also civilian laws in this Nation to deal with this.
(3) Most in the military who are eighteen years or older are adults and cannot be forced to have sex with any homosexual. If these military personnel can defend themselves from the adult MEN that they are fighting today, they surely can defend themselves from any homosexual attack. The magic word to this defense is the famous word NO.
(4) It is also ironic that this U. S. Government will permit "illegal" aliens who are not citizens who have broken our laws to serve in the military to obtain U. S. Citizenship, but in the interim will not permit one of our American Born Gay Citizen who may have broken a "misdemeanor" law just because of his present sexual preference as a reason to deny these persons an opportunity to serve this Nation. In addition if any Army female nurse was a former "unlawful" prostitute in her civilian life, would our Armed Services boot her out today for having sexual relations with other members of the armed forces?
(5) The don't tell law is not needed and was passed for the sole purpose to get the religious vote in America during the Bill Clinton years. This law is meaningless, because if any Male Soldier commits rape on any Woman without her consent, this is a felony charge of rape. This also holds true with any Male Soldier who may rape another Man. Rape is Rape no matter who is doing it if the sex act was not in the whims of consensual sex.
(6) There is no difference between homosexual blood and heterosexual blood that has been shed on the battlefields defending this Nation from World War II to the present. Homosexuality has not been the cause of our Nation losing any wars, it has been the decisions of our U. S. Government that has failed us and not our homosexual population.
(7) Recently a Federal Court Judge ruled that DADT is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, and I agree in accord to my arguments that I have presented to you above, so why are we even debating this subject now just prior to the November elections is beyond me unless it is a political distraction.
- - -