* GHOST ROAD BLUES (winner of the Stoker Award for Best First Novel in 2006)
* DEAD MAN’S SONG (2007)
* BAD MOON RISING (2008)
* PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Press 2009)
* THE WOLFMAN (2010, Tor/Universal Pictures)
* THE DRAGON FACTORY (March 3rd, 2010)
* ROT AND RUIN (Simon & Schuster September 2010)
* THE KING OF PLAGUES (2011)
* DUST AND DECAY (Simon & Shuster 2011)
* VAMPIRE UNIVERSE (Citadel Press, 2006), and
* THE CRYPTOPEDIA (Citadel, 2007 –winner of the Bram Stoker Award for Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction); and
* ZOMBIE CSU: The Forensics of the Living Dead (Winner of the Heinzman and Black Quill Awards and nominated for a Stoker Award; 2008)
* THEY BITE! with David F. Kramer (Citadel 2009)
* SLAYERS FIELD GUIDE TO THE UNDEAD (2001), written under the pen name of Shane MacDougall.
* WANTED UNDEAD OR ALIVE with Janice Bashman. (Citadel 2010)
Jonathan writes a variety of projects for Marvel Comics include
* PUNISHER: NAKED KILL, “Ghosts” –an 8-page backup story in WOLVERINE: THE ANNIVERSARY
* MARVEL ZOMBIES RETURN (I wrote issue #3 of a 5-issue limited series); BLACK PANTHER (issues 7-12)
* DOOMWAR (six issue limited series beginning Feb 2010); and MARVEL INFECTED (a four issue limited series starting in May)
* “Ghosts” was reprinted in the WOLVERINE: FLIES TO A SPIDER graphic novel.
* MARVEL ZOMBIES RETURN was released in hardback graphic novel and hit the New York Times bestseller list in Feb. A trade paperback edition will be out in May.
* BLACK PANTHER: POWER (collecting issues 7-12) will be released in graphic novel form in March.
Recent Anthologies and Short Stories
* “Pegleg and Paddy Save the World” (HISTORY IS DEAD, Permuted Press 2007),
* “Doctor Nine” (KILLERS, Swimming Kangaroo Press, 2008),
* “The Adventure of the Greenbrier Ghost” (LEGENDS OF THE MOUNTAIN STATE 2, Bloodletting Books, 2008)
* “Clean Sweeps” (AND SO IT BEGINS, Dark Quest Books, 2008), and “Family Business” (THE NEW DEAD, St. Martins Press, 2010).
Jonathan is the co-creator (with Laura Schrock) of ON THE SLAB, an entertainment news show in development by Stage 9 for ABC Disney / Stage 9.
Jonathan’s Big Scary Blog (www.jonathanmaberry.com) focuses on the publishing industry. Jonathan’s interviews include Sandra Brown, Gayle Lynds, David Morrell, Alafair Burke, Barry Eisler, CJ Box, Jack Ketchum, Tom Piccarilli, Dale Brown, Kevin J. Anderson, and many other best-selling authors.
Jonathan is a Contributing Editor for The Big Thrill (the newsletter of the International Thriller Writers), and is a member of SFWA, MWA, SCBWI, SFWA and HWA. He is a frequent guest at genre cons and writers conferences, including ThrillerFest, Sisters in Crime, BackSpace, PennWriters, Dragon*Con, PhilCon, HorrorFind, Monster Mania, Philadelphia Writers Conference, Balticon, The Write Stuff, Hypericon, LunaCon, and many others.
Jonathan is a founding member of The Liars Club, a group of networking publishing professionals that includes bestsellers Sara Shepard, Solomon Jones, L. A. Banks, Merry Jones, Gregory Frost, Jon McGoran, Ed Pettit, Dennis Tafoya, Keith Strunk, Don Lafferty, Kelly Simmons and Marie Lamba.
On the last Sunday of every month Jonathan hosts the Writers Coffeehouse, a free three-hour networking session for writers of all genres and levels of skill. The event is held at Saxby Coffee in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Jonathan has been a writing teacher and career counselor for writers for the last two decades. Many of his students have gone on to publish in short and novel-length fiction, magazine feature writing, nonfiction books, TV, film, and comics.
In 2004 Jonathan was inducted into the International Martial Arts Hall of Fame largely because of his extensive writings in that field. His martial arts books include E.S.M: Effective Survival Methods (Vortex Multimedia, 1985); Introduction to Asian Martial Arts (Vortex Multimedia, 1986); The Self-Defense Instructor’s Handbook (Vortex Multimedia, 1990); Judo and You (Kendall Hunt, 1991); Ultimate Jujutsu Principles and Practices (Strider Nolan, 2002); The Martial Arts Student Logbook (Strider Nolan, 2002); Ultimate Sparring Principles and Practices (Strider Nolan, 2003).
OpEdNews Member for 446 week(s) and 3 day(s)
2 Articles, 0 Quick Links, 0 Comments, 0 Diaries, 0 Polls
Articles Listed By Date List By Popularity
Monday, September 27, 2010 (1 comments)
Monday, July 5, 2010 (4 comments)