He said Iraq had six months to make political progress. "After that, the former insurgents may be tempted to return to violence and we must absolutely avoid that. We see a light at the end of the tunnel but we have to move quickly,". He said chaos could return if swift political progress was not made, a dangerous
scenario in a U.S. election year. "Iraq will not be the same country at the end of 2008: the U.S. officials will
have changed...the international community will have modified its positions."
The few people that this new legislation would allow back into the Iraqi government aren't coming back. They have moved on and have better jobs in lands which don't have daily sectarian battles.
The US 2003 de-Baathification edict ruined the functioning of Iraq by taking these worker drones from the Iraqi ministries and it made trained, equipped
killers unemployed and aimed at the US infidels and Iraqi Shiites!
The article "Rice pushes Iraqis hard on reconciliation" at http://www.kentucky.com/267/story/287746.html shows this in motion as "Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice brought Iraq's leader a double-edged message Tuesday: praise for progress toward ending the nation's sectarian rifts, and a warning not to squander the momentum after many false starts on reconciliation."
This runs counter to The United Nations' Baghdad envoy Staffan de Mistura's opinion.
W's group likes to emphasize that "The Iraqi parliament took an important step last week to open the way for low-ranking members of Hussein's Baath party to reclaim government posts and pensions. Rice congratulated al-Maliki for the "quite remarkable" progress on national reconciliation," which is unfortunately total "expletive deleted"!
The article "Iraq Passes Bill on Baathists" at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/12/AR2008011201122.html
makes this hypocrisy clear. Who will get their jobs back? The quick answer is next to no one as "It remains unclear how many former Baath Party members would be eligible to return under the new legislation. Ali al-Lami, spokesman for the current de-Baathification commission, third-highest Baathist rank, or Shubah members, would be allowed to apply for pension payments but would still be kept from their jobs. About 13,000 people from the fourth rank, known as Firqa members, would be eligible to return, but he expected that many would not. "Most of them are either working outside the country and they don't want to go back to Iraq, or they're afraid somebody will take revenge on them or they got involved with the militant groups," Lami said. "Because for two years, we have
been demanding that they come to the de-Baathification commission, but there was no response."
There is always total "expletive deleted" "no response" from this evil reign of terror.
Why believe anything this administration says?
The article "White House reused e-mail tapes" at http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/White_House_reused_e_mail_tapes_01162008.html emphasizes that they will say anything to escape from doing what the constitution demands them to do. And tapes are a sore spot with big bro 43. the "bubble boy"s" group also has the CIA destroying tapes of waterboarding detainees also to deal with. How many other tapes are out there that incriminate W?
The article "House prepares to file contempt charges against Bush aides" at http://rawstory.com/news/2007/House_prepares_to_file_contempt_charges_0116.html shows the re-usability of people within his vile circle. Former counsel Harriet Miers is named in the contempt charges relating to firing of US Attorneys, but she is also among those in the White House who allegedly told the CIA not to destroy the torturing of detainees tape.
The article "Station Chief Made Appeal To Destroy CIA Tapes" states "Those known to have counseled against the tapes' destruction include John B. Bellinger III, while serving as the National Security Council's top legal adviser; Harriet E. Miers, while serving as the top White House counsel; George J. Tenet, while serving as CIA director; Muller, while serving as the CIA's general counsel; and John D. Negroponte, while serving as director of national intelligence."
Why bother go into the case regarding the destruction of the CIA tapes? We are receiving propaganda that this guy, Jose A. Rodriguez Jr is only this year's "Ollie North", the loose cannon answerable to no one. This is "expletive deleted" "no response" b.s.! Besides "The destruction of the tapes was not the first occasion in which Rodriguez got in trouble for taking a provocative action to help a colleague. While serving as the CIA's Latin America division chief in 1996, he appealed to local Dominican Republic authorities to prevent a childhood friend, and CIA contractor, who had been arrested in a drug investigation, from being
beaten up, according to a former CIA official familiar with the episode."
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).