MSNBC has captured lots of the CNN audience because of Keith Olbermann. Now that MSNBC has captured the liberals from CNN they are now going after the conservative bigots that watch Fox. That is why the likes of Buchanan, Scarborough, and Tucker are getting so much air time. This is a programming decision made by NBC. And because it seems to be favorable to Hillary, please do not be fooled. As a member of the broadcast media, I know what they are doing. They are trying to capture the white racist audience. I know that Hillary supporters are passionate about her campaign. However, please understand that MSNBC could care less about Hillary. They care about market share.
Below is a comment from a friend who wanted to express her opinion.
For whatever reasons, the media keep absolutely silent about Hillary's extremist lies, and publish letters and posts that tar Barack with the extremist lies of Jeremiah Wright, which Barack has repeatedly rejected. Obama said directly that Wright's paranoid claims about AIDs are "off the wall."
Your posts are great and I hope you will reveal Hillary's demagoguery for what it is. In particular:
- At the third primary debate between Democratic presidential candidates held at Howard University in Washington, DC, June 28, 2007, Hillary Clinton said, "Let me just put this in perspective: If HIV-AIDS were the leading cause of death of white women between the ages of 25 and 34 there would be an outraged outcry in this country."
- The implication that the U.S. gives too little to research on AIDs because the disease is more prevalent in the black than white community is a flat lie that directly conflicts the facts.
- In 2004, NIH funding for AIDs was $2.9 billion ($2,885,000,000). The number of people in the U.S. who died of this disease in 2004 was 18,099 or $157,467 per death!
- In 2004, NIH funding for pneumonia and influenza was $574 million ($574,000,000). The number of people in the U.S. who died of these diseases in 2004 was 59,664 or an expenditure of $9,338 per death.
- In 2004, NIH funding for cardiovascular disease was $2.4 billion ($2,360,000). The number of people in the U.S. who died of of this disease was 652,486 or an expenditure of $3,617 per death.
- NIH funding for AIDs is vastly greater per U.S. death than any other disease.
Jeremiah Wright made ridiculous charges about AIDs, which Obama utterly rejects, but Hillary Clinton herself makes an equally inflammatory and absolutely false charge without anything like the media attention that Wright and Obama receive.
I hope you will write a post about this.