Dear Senator McConnell:
Regarding your New Republican Agenda Survey……I have answered your questions here as I know they would be discarded if I sent them to the RNC, you, or anyone else trying to revive this dead elephant in the room.
These are my answers:
Continue the War OF Terror?
1. If we are going to take the War OF Terror to the terrorists, capture their leaders and freeze their financial assets I believe it would be far more expeditious to start in Washington D.C.. We have an administration that lied us into war on false pretenses and we are now considered the biggest threat to world peace by almost every nation around the globe. In addition, the millions, if not billions made by Bush & Co. on this war of aggression should be seized and held for the taxpayers of the United States and returned to them via another rebate.
Disarm Iran and Korea?
2. We are in no position to demand that any other country dismantle their weapons of any kind as we have proven in the last seven years in particular that we are not all the responsible ourselves.
Continue the Wars? (and attack Iran??)
3. Where were you and the Republican party when our troops were sent into Iraq without body armor? Without weapons and proper equipment and training? Oh…I forgot…..you were voting to send them over there.
The Patriot Acts
4. You were one of those who never read the Patriot Act before voting on it. Its obvious you still haven’t read it or The Security Enhancement Act (Patriot 2). Neither act deals with terrorism, or even mentions terrorists unless there is a direct assault on liberty, civil rights or legal protections guaranteed in the Constitution. I don’t believe any terrorist is living in fear of any laws that rob us of our freedom.
Illegal Wiretapping and Government Spying on US Citizens?
5. Prior to the Pat Acts……the FBI had every legal right to wiretap when there was reasonable suspicion of criminal activity. The laws that you have helped pass are not targeted to terrorists (expanded now in your survey to include terrorist sympathizers overseas). These Acts do nothing but allow the unfettered spying on US citizens…ALL US citizens. How can overloading the system with billions of unnecessary eavesdropping and spying pieces of data, gleaned from domestic phone calls, emails, snail mail, net chats, any and all sources by people everyday, do anything other than bog down a system that was already dysfunctional? We need the focus of intelligent and efficient intelligence agencies, not wholesale spying on everyone just for the sake of doing it. This could start with dismantling Homeland Security.
Are we scared enough to claim everyone is a terrorist?
5. And please tell me how you identify these known terrorists? Do they wear a sign? A uniform? How could you possibly determine in the massive amounts of information that is gathered daily and unnecessarily who is contacting a terrorist, and who is a terrorist? The fact is you can’t!
Build the fence? Defend the border?
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).