Actually, 9/11 is the core issue, the central knot which holds all of the other tyrannical actions of the last 6 years together. When the central knot of 9/11 lies is pulled, it will cause the entire fascist mess to unravel.
• The administration's false claims linking Iraq and 9/11 helped convince a large portion of the American public to invade Iraq. At the time, the Iraq-911 link was at least as important in many people's minds as the fake WMDs as a reason to invade Iraq.
Ever since 9/11, the American people have been terrified -- and thus irrational -- based upon the trauma of the vicious attacks. Since most Americans believe that the bad guys are "out there" and are about to get us unless we have a strong leader to fight them, they will not and CANNOT make any logical decisions about any other foreign or domestic issues -- including withdrawal from Iraq -- until "we get the bad guys". Numerous scientific studies show that people whipped into a state of fear can't make logical decisions. Unless we unwind the source of their fear -- the false belief that a guy living in a cave defeated all of America's defenses and that he's out to get us again -- people will keep on acting irrationally.
• The government policy of torture would not have been tolerated if we weren't misled into thinking that Saddam and Al-Qaeda had formed an unholy, all-powerful alliance on 9/11, and had to be stopped at any costs.
• Even after all of the government's lies have come out, Americans are still terrified about Arabs with weapons. Moreover, since Americans are still largely ignorant about the use of "false flag operations" by governments to justify wars, Americans will fall for a faked provocation. In other words, the fact that 9/11 has not been exposed as a false flag operation will enable the neoconservatives to use another faked terror incident in order to justify a war against Iran.
Put Yourself in the Shoes of a German Citizen in the 1930's
Imagine, if you would, that you were a citizen in Germany right after the Reichstag fire had occurred. Do you believe:
• You could have stopped the government from torturing communists after the Reichstag fire, by convincing people that Germans were a generous and good people who do not torture others?
• You could have prevented the spread of disinformation about the hostile intentions and military capabilities of other countries by reminding Germans that war is bad and peace is good?
The German people were whipped up into a state of hysteria and fear, because they thought they were under attack by communists, and Poles, and "bad guys" in general. The German's were in shock, and rallied around their "strong" leader. Without first exposing that the Reichstag fire and Operation Himmler - the two things which were the source and root cause of the German people's fears, and which allowed the German parliament and other institutions to hand Hitler total power -- the sweeping away of worthy causes by the wave of fear could not be stopped.
Americans are crazed by the fear of Arab terrorists just like Germans were terrified of communist and Polish terrorists. Both peoples have handed over all of their power to their leaders in order to buy an imaginary security.