I've been honored and challenged to be a leader within the war planning and wargaming/trainup for Desert Storm. I have been a director of instruction and Deputy Commandant for the nation's highest ranked non-academy, training program overseeing and training officers, warrant officers and non commissioned officers. I have been the Officer in charge of special operations and special mission training prior to deployment.
In the civilian World, I have been a banker, director of a statewide continuing education and community support program, a staff member of the Economic Development Administration team and a certified Management Consultant and business owner/operator for seventeen years prior to a near fatal illness.
I have been blessed.
BURKETT's LAWS are a list of 300 common sense concepts that I have either been taught or learned over the past four decades. Some are original. Most are not. They are the products of experience and observation are a challenging and ridiculous World.
2. Post Bush, War is the result of CONDESCENCION and disrespect for the inherent right of all people to live within their own life, religion, and environment without the dictates of others - national or individual. It is the outcome of not communicating or respecting others who may or may not agree.
3. War is an indicator not of strength but of weakness; not of victory, but of failure.
4. War is DEADLY but only to those ordered to fight it; and those who have war descend upon their private lives.
5. War is Profitable. Beware of those who have cries for war; check their pockets and usually what they see was a personal economic opportunity rather than good for all mankind.
6. PEACE was and is the goal of Christ. Peace in society is the beacon of success. Peace brings prosperity for all economic strata's and groups. War only enriches the wealthy and powerful.
7. PEACE is a direct reflection of honesty and integrity. It takes far more courage and honesty to speak face to face on what we as people have in common and what and how we differ than to stand back and lob or elevate to 30,000 feet and drop munitions.
8. SHOCK AND AWE are concepts designed by over stimulated junior officers who have not yet seen the blood of a battlefield. They lack adult supervision, wisdom and focus.
9. PEACE requires courage. War is the path of cowards.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).