With each passing day the outrage from people on the right grows to a fever pitch. They are quite upset at the latest threat to our nation, Cindy Sheehan. After all, what kind of a person raises an Eagle Scout, honor student, marine? We have seen people like Rush Limbaugh pretend he didn 't accuse Cindy of making up her entire story, even though it is on tape. Apparently, Rush is still stuck in some of the early steps in his 12-step program. Michelle "no decency " Malkin proves with each passing day that she has no bottom when it comes to her incivility. Bill O 'Reilly accuses Sheehan of being a traitor, and then pretends he never said it that way. Anne Coulter, well she is Anne Coulter. I thought we had hit bottom, but apparently, the right is starting to dig. From the lunacy pages of today, I give you Pat Robertson and Mark Williams.
In case you missed it, Pat Robertson called for the United States to assassinate Hugo Chavez of Venezuela. That is going to make for one odd intercessory prayer request Pat. I pray that people everywhere realize that Pat Robertson does not speak for Christians, Christ, or any form of morality left on this fallen planet. I checked the Beatitudes; Christ did not say that those who murder people will inherit the earth. Somewhere along the way, Pat Robertson started serving, Pat Robertson.
The other moment of insanity yesterday was Mark Williams last night on Softball with Nora O'Donnell. Here is a link where you can download the clip:
Memo to Mr. Williams:
1) You have no right to say something as insensitive as "Casey Sheehan is spinning in his grave " you pompous idiot. You never met Casey Sheehan and now thanks to your war, you never will.
2) Iraq is not drafting a "representative democracy" as you said. They have approved a theocracy, similar to Iran. Bush took the one secular Islamic nation and turned it into another extremist regime and that is assuming he can prevent civil war, since the Sunnis are essentially locked out of the negotiations. We are now spreading fundamentalist Islamic regimes, not democracy in the Middle East. Try getting your news from sources other than Fox.
3) As much as you tried to distance yourself and your supporters from NOT being pro-war your rationale was inane. If you are supporting this effort, by definition you are pro war. Deal with it and realize what you stand for. Saying that there are troops and thus we need to blindly support the POLICY, is STUPID. By this logic, anytime there are troops, anywhere, we must always support the policy that put them there.
4) If you support the troops, you will support having them come home, NOW, and ALIVE. Any other logic does not support the troops, but is callous to their plight and does not care if they DIE. Let 's try it this way. I support the troops, breathing. You support the troops, dead.
5) There were no WMD, no matter how many times you want to pretend there is. Your nonsense about "these events were voted on" is a hollow argument. It was voted on based on lies and Bush knew he was lying. Throwing John Kerry in my face will not help your cause either. Lies are lies. Try reading the Downing Street Memos.
7) If 1,900 soldiers are dead because of lies, it does not honor their memory or sacrifice to kill more soldiers for those same lies. What will honor the dead soldiers is to prosecute the people who knowingly lied to lead them to their deaths.
8) Anytime you want to debate Mr. Williams, let me know, just be prepared to answer one question. Stop your shouting and your blather, and click this link: